(23) Hysteria! Mass hysteria!

Demi's POV

When I pulled up into Scott's driveway I saw a figure jumping out of a window with a huge bag. Scott..?

I got out of the car and stood in front of it. He approached me and gave me a fake smile. He looked like he's been crying.

 "Scott... are you okay?" I asked calmly. 

He just nodded keeping his head down.

 "Have you been crying?" 

"N-no" he choked out.

 That broke my damn heart. "Baby come here," I gestured. He came closer to me and I gave him a hug. "you can cry in front of me y'know. I don't mind." I whispered in his ear. 

He just nodded.

 "Get in the car. We'll go somewhere and talk." I offered. He gave me a weak smile and nodded. He put his bag in the backseat and then got in the front passenger seat. We sped off to Starbucks.

We got into Starbucks and ordered our drinks and sat in a booth far off in a corner. "So.. wanna tell me what happened?" I asked softly. He took a deep breath.

"Well, I'm adopted. I was planning to run away from that dreadful house and was packing my shit after getting in a fight with Angela." he tensed up. "And then I found something in one of my drawers..." he trailed off and reached for something in his pocket. It was a birthday card. He handed it to me to read. I read it and then saw a picture on the back. Holy shit! It's Mike! Scott's biological father is Mike! WHAT!?

"Wow" was all I could say. What could I say? 

"Yeah.." he muttered. 

"You wanna come live with me?" I offered. 

He looked up at me "Really? Won't your parents be weirded out?"

 I bit my lip. "Well no. See, uhm Green Day is going on tour and dad is taking me and my mom with him. I asked if you could come and he said sure." I smiled. 

He smiled back but it quickly faded. "But Mike will be there..." 

"Yeah but maybe you guys could finally get the chance to talk about it." 

 He nodded. "Maybe. Sure I'd love to come with you." he smiled. 

I smiled back. "Okay we should probably get back then. My parent's are probably getting worried. Oh and we leave on Sunday." We left Starbucks and got into the car and sped off.

Once we got back to the house, Scott was about to climb out of the car when I pulled him back and kissed him. Hard. All of our emotions were poured into it and I swear if I was standing, my knees would've given out. Scott pushed his seat back and I crawled over as straddled him. I let my fingers roam through his blond hair and his grip on my waist tightened.

We finally both pulled away, out of breath. "I think I love you too Scott" I whispered in his ear which caused him to shiver. He smiled and kissed me again. We both got out of the car and walked inside.

I was surprised to see Mike, Tré and Jason here. I haven't met Jason yet and I'm bad at meeting new people. Scott froze. I squeezed his hand for reassurance and he nodded.

"Hey kiddies you're back!" Tré spoke with excitement. 

I looked at Mike and he looked a little tense. I decided to devise a plan. It was gonna pretty obvious too.

 "Hey how about we all go into the kitchen? Except Mike and Scott." I put it as bluntly as possible.

 "Okay!" Tré of course agreed. He pushed everyone but Mike in the kitchen. I was heading over when Scott grabbed my hand and gave me a "don't you dare leave" look.