(7) Does the pain weigh out the pride?

A/N: Well last chapter was mainy happy-go-lucky and such so now I gotta go all depressing  on y'all. Sorry but it has to be done. This will be a DEEP chapter mkay? 

Oh and sorry if this chapter makes anyone cry. 

Dedicated to 15jakubes cause she's amazing and has given great feedback and thanked me for writing this "epicness" xD

Okay starting now.

~~~~~~

It was dark. Everything surrounding me was a blur. Flashing lights. Police sirens. A crowd gathered around something. I wanted to know what that something was.

I pushed my way through the people and got to the front. "Oh my god MOM!" I screamed in fear. Before the police could hold me back I was knelt down beside my mother's wounded body. She had cuts and wounds all over her body and blood everywhere.

 "D-Demi?" she croaked out. 

"Yeah mom?" I asked shakily, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. "If I don't m-make it.." she trailed off. "D-don't say that mom. You're gon.. you're gonna make it." I began to stutter, feeling a tear stream down my face. It was rare to see me cry but when my own mother is slowly and painfully dying in front of me it's hard not to. 

"Demi, just know that.. th-that I've always loved you and always have. I never meant to call you a bitch, you were right and I was ups-et." she stuttered. More tears began to stream down my face. 

"I know mom and I love you too." She tried to smile. It was a small one. 

"Demi, never change who you are okay? I love you" she croaked. Her eyes began to flutter shut slowly. 

"No. Nonononononono mum! Mum! Mum wake up. Wake up mum. We gotta... we gotta go home mum!" I began to raise my voice. "Mum!" I cried at the top of my lungs. I watched my mum slowly disappear right in front of me and couldn't do a thing about it. I broke down into tears. "Mom don't leave me! I-I-I can't make it without you. Please! Come back!" I kept on crying and crying. "MOM!" I cried even louder.

"Demi! Demi wake up!" Billie Joe woke me up. I woke up with tears staining my face. "You had a dream about her didn't you?" he asked. God dammnit why must he know everything? "H-how do you know?" I stuttered trying to regain my calm. "Cause I've had a few" he muttered. My eyes widened a bit. "You dream about mum? B-but you le-left her." I replied with obvious confusion in my voice. "We divorced. I didn't want to leave but we just weren't working out. We tried millions of times to fix it but we both gave up I guess." Billie's head hung low. "I loved her, I really did Demi. I still do" he mumbled the last part but I heard him loud and clear. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He raised his head and gave me a small smile and pulled me onto his lap. I pulled myself closer to him and layed my head on his chest.

"You're just like her y'know" Billie Joe finally spoke up breaking the silence. 

"I don't know if I'm to take that as a compliment or not." I replied barely audible. 

He chuckled, "It's a compliment." I cracked a small smile. 

"Oh. Well then thanks" I muttered. 

He pulled me in for a hug. 

"You should get back to bed cause tomorrow I'm gonna show you where you'll be going to school next week." he whispered in my ear. I groaned, 

"Well, that's one way to ruin a sappy family moment." 

He chuckled at my remark. "It's what I do Demi. Now go to bed." he tried to sound strict but we both ended up laughing.

 I smiled. "Good night..... dad." He smiled back.