(8) I'm a waste like you, with nothing else to do

Demi's POV

I woke up to a knock on my door. I was still somewhat sleepy but I told whoever was on the other side of the door to come on in anyway. 

To my surprise it was Joey and Jakob. If that wasn't enough, Joey was carrying a tray with tons of breakfast foods on it. Being the paranoid person I am I kept thinking Joey was gonna throw all the food on me but he didn't. Instead, he placed the tray down on my night side table.

"We're sorry we've been avoiding you ever since you got here." Jakob decided to break the silence. 

"Yeah and I'm sorry for what I said to you. I know you didn't mean to make me spill that orange juice on me." Joey added. 

A small smile formed on my face. "It's okay you guys, thanks for making me breakfast." Their faces lit up when I told them I forgave them. 

"Do you like video games?" Joey asked me. 

"No." I stated with no emotion. 

"Oh..." Joey muttered awkwardly. 

Then I flashed a smile, "I LOVE video games."

 They both laughed. "Great! Let's go play some!" Jakob exclaimed.

 "Okay" I agreed and they lead me down stairs to some sort of lounge room that had a huge flat screen tv and a few video game consoles hooked up. We decided to play Black Ops. And to sum it up for you; I kicked their asses into next week.

"How are you so good at video games?" Jakob asked in astonishment. 

I laughed, "By being a high school reject." 

"What do you mean?" Joey asked me in confusion.

 I sighed lightly. "At my last school I didn't have any friends. They were all assholes so I just kept to myself. I hardly went out so I played a lot of video games and wrote songs and all that fun stuff." I explained. 

"You write songs?" Joey asked with a smile. 

"Yeah" I smiled back.

 "Maybe you are an Armstrong after all." he joked and nudged me lightly. I rolled my eyes playfully. 

Just then Billie Joe burst in through the door with a look of panic all over his face. "Joey! Jake! Where the- have you seen Demi!?" he asked panicking. 

I turned to face him with a smirk on my face. "Right here daddy dearest." 

He regained his cool and laughed. "Since when do you get out of bed before the crack of noon?" he smirked at me which caused me to laugh. 

"Since Joey and Jakob made me breakfast." I stated. 

Billie Joe's eyes lit up a little and his smile grew. "So you guys are all getting along?" Billie asked. 

"Well we haven't ripped each other apart so, yeah." Joey piped in. 

"Okay good to hear. Well Demi you should get dressed so I can show you where you'll be going to school." Billie reminded me. 

I groaned. "School is for fools dad" I replied. 

"Yeah I know, hence why you're in it" Billie Joe countered and winked. We all laughed at his comment. "Fine I'll go get dressed" I reluctantly got up and headed upstairs. 

I decided on just putting my hair up in a high ponytail. I slipped on a pair of red skinny jeans and a big black Fall Out Boy sweat shirt. I grabbed my black Converse high tops and put them on. I did my usual makeup (back eyeliner, mascara, and concealer) and then headed down stairs. I heard a subtle thump come from my dad's room. I opened the door slightly to see Adrienne on the ground and an open window. Anyone could've figured out she just got in. I leaned on the door frame. "Y'know you could use the front door" I spoke up. As if I just said 'y'know'. Dear God...