3

┏━ •◦இ•◦ ━┓

┏━                           •◦இ•◦                          ━┓

┗━ •◦இ•◦ ━┛

We walked through the deep snow in the woods. Every step was more nervousness bubbling inside of me. We walked beside each other in the clothing she gave me yesterday. There were arrows on my back instead of a sword. The bow in my hand was hot, like a warm cloth pressed against you. My hands were sweating with fear as we got closer.

Azgeda moved their armies regularly. The south would switch with the north and east with south. There were four armies of 100 soldiers on four sides while a huge army settled in the middle.

"We attack from the trees. Keep your eyes open." Ana says as she starts climbing a tree. I walked a few trees away from her before climbing up another. From my view I see a clearing with tall grass. From the other side I could see the soldiers start walking across. Their war drums filled the air as my heart pounded into my chest.

There were a few men behind the army with arrows. The rest carried swords and other sorts of weapons. The sun shone brightly as their blue warpaint glimmered and the white paint on their hair ran down their face. It was a hot day today but the snow stayed solid.

From my view I see Ana take out an arrow. She aims it at the closest grounder and once her arm is steady, she releases the wood. Time moves slowly as the arrow soars through the air. It lodges itself into the head of the grounder, causing the rest beside him to turn and look into the woods.

Everyone shouts as they growl out orders. The first archer takes his arrow but before he could release it, I let an arrow out. He falls to the ground as blood pools from his clothes.

"Fire." I hear Anagosta shout, alerting me to start letting arrows fly. Most of the men were trying to take cover but everytime they neared the other side of the woods, an arrow flew and killed them.

The clearing was filled with bodies when we finished. There was only one man left. He stood in the middle with blood splattered all over his face. His golden hair was now tousled and dirty with blood and dirt. He stood in a fighting stance with his sword out as we approached.

"Tel yu kwin, da Trikova en Fayaheda don come gon jus." Ana says with a smirk as the grounder just stared at us. He growled before he started running towards us. (Tell your queen, the shadow and Commander of Fire come for blood.)

Ana only looks at me before quietly whispering, "one in his leg." I take a small knife from my pocket before throwing it into his leg. He screams in pain as we watch him fall on his knees. I walk towards him in long strides as he only glares at the ground. Grabbing his throat I pull his neck so he stares me in the eyes.

"Go fou ai kill yu."
(Go before I kill you.)

"You're sky girl. Your accent needs some work." He smiles as blood seeps through the wound in his leg.