Chapter 22

Is there any book which helped you develop or change something in yourself?

Ariana Parker

I was sitting on my bed with my laptop, looking for a movie to watch. I was still feeling sore from yesterday. And because I had nothing to do today, I decided to spend my day watching movies. 

I saw that Lexi was making a video call. I answered it.

"Hey!" I greeted. Kaira was sitting with Lexi and both of them had a mischievous glint in their eyes. 

"Hello." both of them said in unison, looking at each other.

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

Kaira cleared her throat. "Any reason why I called my brother this morning and he was talking a lot about you? And believe me, he wouldn't do that unless there was a reason." both of them smirked. I turned the laptop away from me so that the camera wasn't facing me. I looked in the mirror to confirm my suspicions. I was blushing. Hard.

"Nuh-uh. Why would he talk about me? And I am sure if he was saying something about me, it would be bad things." I dismissed them.

"He wasn't saying anything bad. Ariana, show us your face and say that again." I heard Lexi say.

"Why would he ask anything about me. Our relationship or whatever that is is work only." I stated.

"Well, the blush on your face suggests otherwise." Kaira's smirk grew wider.

"It's just make up gone wrong. Nothing else. I was trying a new look." I shook my head.

"Ariana, I saw your face a minute ago. And you looked perfect then. Well, it was your 'I was laying in bed all day look' but anyways." 

"Okay." I sighed in defeat. "It was just a teeny tiny kiss." I put my thumb and pointer together to show them how small. But my mind went back to last night and I could feel my cheeks getting redder.

"No it wasn't. Spill the deets, girl!" Lexi said.

"Okay. We were going to this ball. Marco entered my room while I was changing. We bickered. One thing led to another, we kissed, went to the ball, came back home and had sex. That's it." 

"Oh my god! You guys had sex?!" the both of them screamed. And I heard dad's faint voice, saying 'stop screeching, girls.' 

"Was it good?" Lexi wriggled her eyebrows.

"Very." I smiled.

"Way to go girl!" Kaira exclaimed.

"I haven't done this for four years." tears threatened to leave my eyes.

"Ari, Please don't cry." Lexi said but the tears had started falling. I don't even know what caused the sudden mood swing. "God, I feel so helpless right now. I can't even sit beside you and give you a hug." Lexi frowned while Kaira was just sitting silently beside her, confused by the situation.

I wish mom was here to calm me down. And dad, Zayn and the others to make me smile.

I took a deep breath and wiped my tears. "I'm okay." I smiled and Lexi smiled back.

"It's my boyfriend. He died four years ago." I explained to Kaira.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry."

Just then I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in." I said and Marco entered. So now he knocks.

"We have to question the guy we brought here the day before yesterday." he said.

"Okay. Bye guys. Gotta go." I waved at them and ended the call.

"What happened? Were you crying?" Marco asked, as I looked in the mirror checking if I looked dangerous enough. Nope. 

"No." I replied in a tone which made sure he wouldn't ask further questions.

"I'll go change and then we can go." I went in the bathroom. 

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." I heard him shout and could imagine the smirk on his face.

"Let's go." we walked towards the basement and entered the cell he was kept in. He was chained to a chair.

"I'm doing this. You just stand aside and take notes or something." I smirked and walked towards him.

"I like it when you're bossy." he put a hand around my waist.

"I'm always bossy." I poked his chest and went ahead to question him.

"So." I pulled out my 'torture special' weapons. "You know the drill. Now tell me your name."

"Cameron Ivanov. You'll find nothing on me."

"We won't need to find anything about you. You will tell us everything about you. The easy way or the hard one." I circled around him as if he were my prey.

"I'd rather bite my tongue off than tell you anything." he spat.

"We'll see about that." I walked outside and told a guard to bring me duct tape.

When he did, I told him to put two layers of it on Cameron's teeth. Now they weren't sharp enough for him to bite off his tongue.

"Clever." Marco nodded.

"It's just empty threats. I do it to be on the safer side. Now speak." I slashed him across the chest and he screamed in pain but said nothing.

"I am going to ask you once more. What do you Russians and Mexicans want?"

"It's simple, isn't it?"

"What is?" I asked and sliced his fingernail off when he gave me an evil smile.

"Tell me before I scoop your eyeballs out. And let me tell you what I will do with them. I will make you eat the right one and give the left one to my sister who can show her classmates what an eyeball looks like." I pressed my knife below his eye.

"You have a sister?" Marco asked in confusion.

"No. But he didn't need to know that." I rolled my eyes and then I pressed my knife harder, drawing out blood and making him hiss in pain.

"Dimitri wants the Italian mafia for his son. He doesn't want to hand over the Russian one to him. He discovered that the leader of the Mexicans was after the American mafia and they decided to work together and help each other. Bring down both the mafias together." he explained.

"Why do they want the American mafia?" Marco asked from behind me.

"Because they have everything the Mexicans want. Power, money, loyalty and the police aren't after them. You name it, the Parkers have it." he said. I was happy to know that everyone feared and envied my family so much.

"And why are they constantly attacking the warehouses and shipments."

"It's a distraction. Dimitri is trying to find weaknesses and other information for his master plan."

"And what exactly is this master plan?" Marco asked.

"Dimitri himself hasn't planned one yet. " he replied.

"Ok. Thanks. Your work here is done. See you in hell. Marco, you can burn him alive." I went to stand at the entrance if the cell. Actually I wanted to rip out his heart like Klaus, Damon and Elijah do but sadly, I can't do that. That's for supernaturals only.

"My pleasure." Marco threw alcohol over him and used the fire gun.

We walked out, hearing him scream in pain.

---

❤ | Vote | Share | Comment| ❤