Bucky Barnes: Back Again

Pairings: Winter Solider-Reader/Bucky Barnes-Reader

Status: Victim-Reconstructed Villain

Summary: You are a civilian and you have a nightmare that you're being tortured by Winter Soldier.

Dream-Flashback

The brash, cool metal of the chair began to sting my bare flesh as the ropes began to dig into my skin, red marks appearing, only a wince escapes me. The dark haired, mask covered man stood before, hovering over with his six foot frame menacingly. I don't remember how I got here, I don't remember anything.

He never speaks, he never does in any of my dreams, his stare, those steel blue eyes pierce my soul. He twists his left wrist to the right and his fingers grasp onto my throat, pressing them to make an impossible cleat airway to breathe.

Trying to breathe, my body convulses with the will, my chest and throat aching from the restriction. No never speaks, he just keeps staring me down, his left arm twitching tremendously to the point he has to remove his metal fingers to calm his arm.

His breathing turned heavy, his chest heaved against his uniform. His dark eyes turned back to mine, he ripped his mask off with his shaking, flesh fingers. He bowed and held onto the arms of the chair, almost bruising my forearms. He just stared into my eyes and furrowed my brows.

"You don't scream." he states softly, in a hushed whisper. I bat my eyes, dumbfounded. He's trying to kill me, and he's focused on how I'm not screaming? "Well, I don't exactly understand what's going on." I snarkily shoot.

He stares at me for a moment, his eyes lightening only a tad. "Don't you want to live?" a soft sigh escaped my lips. "No." I whisper back, pity shone through his features and eyes. He removed his hands from the chair and turned around, folding his hands.

He picks up a scalpel from a medical tray he had left over behind him. He spins around on his heels while fingering the scalpel. "Guess you won't mind this then." he mutters, taking long and quick strides and placing the scalpel harshly under my throat, forcing my head up.

End Dream-Flashback

My eyes shoot open, my head gently being caressed by the pillow. My body feels like I'm in splashing water, the way my blood flows through and through, only adding to the splashing water feeling. I shift up into my bed, my pink fuzzy blanket dripping off of my body quicker than the heat escaping mine.

My bare legs and torso meets the chilling air that surrounds my room, my grey night shirt slightly ridden up above where my ribs are. Still images of the man are still burned into my brain, the way he looked when he tried to kill me, but couldn't bring himself to do it. The way his eyes went from dark and dangerous to soft and sad made me melt.

I stare from one section of my room to the other side, a soft sigh escaping my lips as I hear my floor creek from the opposing corner. Whipping my head around I'm faced with a man standing in the corner of my room near the window, the window that stands on the third story.

He smiles, my breath is stuck in my throat as I realize it's the man, the man who couldn't kill me even when I was his mission. His hair and facial hair are cut short now, a look of health written upon his handsome face.

He moves out from the darkest part and moves closer to my bed, a slight scowl on his face turning into a smile.

"Hi, I'm James Bucky Barnes and I'm here to make amends with you."