I'm Home PT3

Y/N'S POV

"You want a garden, but you got a balcony! And you're always lookin' for some company. You want a say, well, what you got to say? Give in to me, give in to me and see!" I scream from the top of my lungs while Get Used To It by Rick Montgomery blasts through my old Samsung Skypro speakers.

"Y/N! What the hell are you doing up there?" Attis screams from downstairs, I feel my body freeze. I quickly scramble to turn off my phone and shut up. "I...drugs?" I feel my own brain face palm itself. "Be careful! I hear baby aspirin can hurt if you take too much!" he teases. Oh, how rude. I could do drugs if I wanted. I just don't want to. It's bad for you...why am I arguing this?

Attis has always been such a weird guy, okay not weird like stalker weird. Weird like your guy best friend who is a total nutcase, unless you are the nutcase. Okay, what I mean is....Attis is a very nice guy who is very fun and is a good weird type.

Winnie sure knows how to pick out a man. I sneak my way downstairs, noticing that Attis looks like he just got out the pool. They have a pool, what the hell did Eros bribe them with? "Hey! Buttercup! What was all that about?" I squint my y/e/c eyes and stick my tongue out.

"Can't a girl just listen to some hecking good music?" I question. "Sure can, but not to the extent where the neighbours think you're getting murdered." he teases. "I scream that bad?" "No, it's that loud." he smiles while taking his white and blue stripped towel and wrapping it around his hair to get it slightly less damp.

"Where's Mama Winnie?" I smile whilst grabbing a nice, sour Granny Smith apple. "Chilling by the pool. You should join us." he smiles, offering his hand. "You know I can't swim, Attis. Plus, swimwear makes me uncomfortable." I huff out a sigh.

"I know, Buttercup." I squint my eyes again. He started calling me buttercup when he bought a bag of peanut butter cups for kids on Hallows Eve. I've never had candy like that in years so I kind of ate the entire bag...hence the nickname.

"What? I have something on my face?" he starts moving his lips around in a way to make his features contort into trademarked funny faces. Rolling my eyes, I peak my head over to see Winnie looking absolutely fabulous by the pool.

Her beautiful near tan complexion, her slim body that made me doubt myself often, her effortless beauty just emanates from her in everything she does. "Buttercup, you know you don't have to be-" I sigh as I turn my back to him, heading upstairs.

I know I don't have to be jealous because they keep saying I'm beautiful and should accept myself. How can I when every time Winnie and I go shopping for just groceries she gets ogled at and I get disgusted looks just for looking the way I am?

I don't like feeling this way, it doesn't make sense. I always feel happy about being my size because I feel beautiful sometimes. No, no crying! Happy, focus on being happy! Maybe Eros is on his lunch break. He's been focusing hard on getting a new degree in Greek Mythology while he's teaching. I rarely ever see him anymore, but I love our phone calls.

I swipe my phone open and click through my contacts until I get to Eros' name. I have Eros, Winnie, Attis, Mom, and Boss Blake. It rings only once before I hear Eros' musical voice come through the phone.

"Hey, Y/N. What's up?" "Not much...can you tell me a story?" a small pause stood between us, I can hear the faint sounds of shuffling. He must be in bed right now it's about noon and I know he had to take some vacation time.

"Which one do you wanna hear?" he asks with a low grunt of comfort. I smile as I begin to think, "Maybe the one with the cat in a dress and the brother and sister thing?" I suggest, I can hear his soft chuckle.