{ chapter fifteen }

Chapter fifteen: buckle up buttercup

•~~~~~~~ ☼~~~~~~~•

The next morning the teens had hopped on the 'HMS Pogue', drifting down the water as John B drove.

All of the boys had been shirtless, Kie and Ace chilling in their bikinis, both sitting on the edge of the boat with sunglasses covering their eyes.

The sun was abusing all of the islanders that day. It was the perfect day to go out on a boat ride.

JJ was sitting at the bow, whistling in order to get his friends attention. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXC, the world's finest wakesetter."

Ace turned to look at the boat as it drifted towards their own. You could clearly see which one belonged to the richer folk.

"Number one in luxury, quality and performance." JJ turned his body in order to get a better view of the boat. It almost looked like it didn't belong in the water, which was still filled with wooden junk Agatha had blown out of the shore during the storm. "200K, easy."

"Now that's boasting." Ace widened her eyes as she scanned the boat and the two figures standing inside of it.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope sighed with slight jealousy.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie seethed, straightening her back while sitting on the edge of the boat. It wasn't the most comfortable spot.

Ace looked at the boat with a whole new perspective, suddenly despising the idea of being rich. "The boat is ugly as fuck anyway."

"It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it's expensive." JJ lifted his brows at the girl.

"Are you talking about the boat or that marble statue of yourself you're planning on dragging into your future home?" Ace snickered, earning a glare from the boy and laughs from her other friends.

"I don't get what you're saying, I know you think I'm hot, you're just scared to admit it. Isn't that right guys?" JJ turned his head to the others, looking for clarification from them.

None of them said anything. They just all looked at each other uncomfortably. Ace let out a breath she had been holding, having been afraid of what they were going to say.

The two of them had always been very close, and all of them knew that. But as they got older, their lives had become internal battles between them and their feelings. There had been harmless flirting between the two for quite a while, but JJ had clearly stepped up his game in the past year.