Chapter : 6

*Next Day*
*Jason’s POV*

I went back to the same place where I heard the sounds of those girls. I was standing in front of that building which I stood in front of yesterday.

We meet again Mr. Clean House.
I looked over at my left and remembered the voices were coming from the opposite side of the building.

I ordered the guys to follow me. Once we reached the opposite side there was a dead end. A thought came to my mind.

Were the girls fighting those zombies in that alley way?

I approached the alley and saw a zombies arm, pierced by a crowbar on to the wall.

Those girls seem to have more experience than I thought. Cool.

I was about to leave the alley, when my eyes caught something. I went near that thing and held it in my hand. Removing the dust from it, I saw it was a smoke bomb.

One of those girls must have thrown this to get away from them.

Where could they have gone to?

*Jane’s POV*

The sun shining through the curtains hit my eyes and I opened them. I yawned and stretched my arms. I sat up and smiled.

“I slept peacefully, what a good night’s rest”, I exclaimed. “Hmm”, I heard a voice hum and looked over to where it was coming from.

It was So Hyun, she was still sleeping. I decided to wake her up this time. I poked her arm and waited. But nothing happened. She was still sleeping. Then a thought came to my mind and I screamed.
“AH! THE ZOMBIES ARE IN OUR HOUSE!”, I yelled and So Hyun instantly got up.

Hey hands were formed into a fist. Her hair was messy, but her eyes were wide open. She was in a fighting formation. Her form soon collapsed when she heard me laughing.

“BAHAHAHAHA!”, I laughed and she turned to face me.

Her hands were now on her sides. The look in her eyes were that of a predator looking at it’s prey. Her eyes were locked on me.

I, who was still laughing from her reaction, didn’t know what happened next.

*So Hyun’s POV*

I saw Jane laughing like a drunk pelican.

She scared the crap out of me and now look at her, laughing like it was a joke! Huh.

She struggled to say something in between her laughs, but I was quick. I pounced on her and we both fell off the bed.

I was on top of her and started tickling her. She, who was trying to stop laughing was now crying of laughter.

Of course how can I be mad?

I laughed along with her. She opened her mouth to say something.

“St-stop… I-t tickles… OK, I g-g-ive up…‼”, she screamed and I let her go. “Gosh your so brutal, I almost peed my pants”, Jane said and I made a disgusted face.

“Eww, your disgusting. Go to the bathroom”, I said while moving away from her before sitting on the bed.

She went to the bathroom and I decided to make breakfast. As soon as I prepared breakfast, Jane arrived. I went to take shower. After the shower, I went to have some food. I saw Jane washing her dish before eating the cereal.

“Hey, aren’t we gonna scout today?”, Jane asked. “Didn’t you say, you wanted a day off?”, I asked instead of answering.

“Oh yeah, but…”, she trailed off. “But…?”, I waited for her to continue before taking a spoonful of cereal. “I’m bored”, she pouted. “So… You want to go scout?”, I asked.

“Yeah, well… We don’t usually have day offs, so it seems weird staying at home”, she answered. “Okay then, let’s go!”, I said and shoved the last few spoons of cereal in my mouth.

“Slow down, will you? Your gonna choke yourself”, she said with worry. “Alright I’m done, let’s go”, I said and we got ready before heading out.

*Jason’s POV*

Nothing was there in the alley besides the smoke bomb. I decided to check Mr. Clean House. And a thought came.

What if those girls might be living there?

As I made my way out of the alley, a loud screech was heard. We all turned our heads towards the direction of the sound and saw a group of zombies. There were probably more than 20 zombies. We all took out our weapons and slowly walked backwards.

“No one turn your backs”, I ordered and everyone nodded. “Stay together, stay strong. We’ll win this”.

With that being said I counted till 3 and everyone ascended. Our group had 10 people which was way less than the group of zombies. But it’s just a number right?

We can do this. We will survive.

I thought positive thoughts to keep me calm. Meanwhile, some of my members were shivering. “It’s OK guys, it’ll be done before you even know it”, I reassured them.

Though I wasn’t sure if all of us would make it in the end.

The fight began. There were just too many zombies to take care of. Everyone was fighting 2 to 3 zombies at once and as for me I was fighting a zombie which was quite bigger than the others.

Man this guy’s big. How many burgers did you eat? Sheesh.

Mr. Burger Zombie held his right hand in the air and was about to grab my face. I was quick and dodged it.

Whew, that was close.

After dodging his attack another zombie came and trampled me. I fell hard on the floor. The zombie was on top of me now and was trying to infect me. Holding his neck and avoiding his hideous teeth I kept it from biting my neck.

*Jane’s POV*

I opened the door of the apartment and stepped outside along with So Hyun. I was about to head downstairs when I noticed So Hyun wasn’t following me.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked. “I forgot my mask. Wait here I’ll be back”, with that she went back in.
I waited for her by the stairs. As soon as So Hyun went to get her mask I heard faint screeches.

Instantly my 5 senses became on high alert. As I was about to check the coast, So Hyun came back.

“I’m back…”, she stopped and looked at my expressions. “What’s wrong?”, just then she heard the sound and instantly got into fighting formation. “You don’t think they’re out there do you?”, I asked.

“Only one way to find out”, So Hyun said and we both took out our weapons.