Chapter 25 Ray Sutton And The Aperols

"Havana, please look at me

"Havana, please look at me."

She raised her head at Stefan who stood in front of her. He had his hands in his pockets looking uncomfortable with himself, but he remained eye contact. His guilt-ridden eyes said it all.

"I'm sorry for what happened back in-"

"-It's okay Stefan. All is forgiven. I knew you didn't mean it." She smiled a little letting him know that she was trying to understand, even though she could not understand it at all no matter how hard she tried.

She was not a vampire, and hopefully, she never will be. Vampires need blood to function. That's where the more ethical blood goes in such as the 'bunny diet' Steffan partook in before Klaus made him bloodthirsty for humans again. However, from the stories of Damon and even Stefan, animal blood was not as delicious as human blood. Not to mention that it makes a vampire swifter and physically stronger as well. A vampire's struggle for self-control will always be present until the day he or she dies. In a way, it also reminded Havana of her alcoholism. She remembered the days when she could not function let alone get out of bed without a bottle or strong scotch or whisky in her hand, especially during days when it was not going in her favor. She can vividly remember the itch of her throat needing the alcoholic substance to stay sane and let loose in this very messed up life of hers. So, somehow, she understood Stefan.

Stefan shook his head, "I didn't think. All I saw was red and I was about to hurt you"

"But you didn't, Stefan. I'm standing in front of you right now perfectly fine. I'm good. We're good. I just hope you are too." She searched his eyes for any recognition that he understood her point. But he seemed too distracted by his thoughts. "I know how it feels to do anything, even get addicted to something, to relieve the pain."

"The blood makes letting go easier." He immediately replied. "It's her birthday you know."

"I know. And I miss my little cousin too. But she's going to be alright. You'll see her soon, I promise you." Havana sighs before grabbing a hold of his hand leading him inside Southern Comfort, "Now come on before mister grumpy pants get us."

The bar was bright and was filled with people either drinking, playing darts, or both. Havana also that she barely saw any wall paint since the walls were filled with photographs that look like they were taken decades ago. Across the room sat Klaus in a small booth motioning them to come over. Before Stefan walked over there, however, Havana informed him that she would just be getting a drink first.

God knew how much she needed it after last night.

She slid into the barstool and politely ordered a cocktail from the bartender. Unbeknownst to her, a man a seat away noticed her. arrival.

"Sounds like you're far away from home." He took note of her Aussie accent.

Havana looked to her left to see a man in his late twenties smiling at her. He looked rugged with his flannel and beard.