Chapter 13: Decade Dance

Two chaperones stood near the stage looking at the teenagers on the dance floor

Two chaperones stood near the stage looking at the teenagers on the dance floor. Upbeat 60's music blared through the speakers of the gym. Damon stared painfully at his brother and Elena gleefully dancing enjoying each other's presence.

"Painful isn't it? The love of your life being a meter away yet you can't touch her." 'Alaric' stated also staring at the couple.

Damon hid his emotions with a hardened expression. "You've been extra irritating today Ric." He glared taking a sip from his flask. "I'm not in love with Elena. By the way, aren't you still on the outs with Jenna? She still not talking to you lover boy?" 'Alaric' rolled his eyes at the foolish boy beside him. Damon changed the subject, "That guy Klaus, he could be anywhere. We better stay alert."

"And we also have to be careful, I hear that guy is twisted." 'Alaric' smirked.

"I'm not impressed," Damon said in a flat tone.

"Oh, no?" I could end your pathetic life so easily, Klaus's pride said. However, 'Alaric' settled with a fake smile. Killing Damon Salvatore and revealing his true identity won't help him in his cause tonight.

"Hey, guys!" The two vampires looked behind and parted their mouths in shock at the beauty who was walking towards them.

"What? Too much leg for a chaperone?" Havana looked down at her outfit and winked at the shocked men.

"Havana? I didn't think that you would make it tonight." Elena came and hugged her cousin. Stefan trailed behind her. "Wow! You look-"

"-Not like the mess that I have been for the past weeks?" Havana finished. Bonnie, Jeremy, and Caroline too came by and had the same reaction as everybody else. "I'm done with pitying myself over an asshole who broke my heart. And I'm taking a break from my lovers, namely tequila and vodka." Havana no longer had dark bags under her eyes, red puffy eyes from crying and her hair wasn't a hot mess. She wore smirk that made men drop to their knees, "If Ni-I mean Klaus wants to mess with my friends and family too, he'll have to go through a pissed off tornado named Havana."

"Look at this Queen of the sixties." Jeremy laughed twirling his cousin.

"A queen indeed." 'Alaric' added smiling to himself.