Chapter 3: Masquerade!

"Doesn't my date look dashing little brother?" Damon put on a proud smile as Havana entered the room. He put his hand over his chest faking a heart attack. Havana giggled twirling to show off her dress. The shade of yellow highlighted her tan making her stand out in the darkness of night.

"Well thank you, Mr. Salvatore. You don't look bad yourself." her accent echoed throughout the room. She put her golden mask on before approaching the Salvatore brothers. Havana just arrived at the masquerade, and so did the Salvatores coincidentally. The trio was still outside of the Lockwood Mansion.

Damon coughed loudly nudging his brother. "Yes, you look stunning," Stefan replied in a monotone voice. He didn't even bother looking at Havana. She understood why though. Stefan was too preoccupied looking around the property for any sign of Kathrine, Stefan was this desperate to let go of his morals for the night and kill the bitch who broke Elena and him up. Havana recalled begging Elena to take Stefan back a couple of hours ago, but her cousin wouldn't bulge saying that the people she loved (including her) wouldn't be safe. Havana sighed inwardly at her cousin.

Damn rolled his eyes at his brother before dragging his date by the hand to the house. He knew what was on his brother's mind, the annoyed look on his face told Havana that.

"I'm sorry you're taking the wrong Sommers girl to the ball," Havana said to her date.

Damon, who was too proud for his own good scoffed, "I'm taking you because there's no one I'd rather be with tonight than my best friend. You know most of Mystic Falls hates my guts. And why do you and the rest of the world think that I'm in love with Elena Gilbert?"

"No one hates you, Damon. You act like a dick most of the time and people get annoyed by that but they don't date you. At least I don't." Damon rolled his eyes though a smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "As for Elena, you should stop denying how you truly feel." Havana huffed crossing her arms, "-You boys are stupid. You'll only realize what you've lost when they're gone from your life."

Damon glanced at his date with a taunting smile on his lips. "Oh really? Where did you get that? The Oprah Winfrey Show?"

"My ex." Havana casually replied.

"You know if you tell me his name. I can track him and deliver his head to you in no time." Damon comforted his best friend the best way he knows how; sass and a reference to violence.

He pulled Havana closer who hummed "Mmm that sounds tempting."

Havana's new friend group, which included her cousins, their teenage friends, two vampires, and a history teacher all knew about Havana's past. After nearly three months of alcoholism and sleeping in all day, Havana decided that this wasn't the life she wanted despite still suffering from a broken heart. Her first step of progress; coming clean of what really happened. She shared everything from every happy memory with Klaus to her last memory of him when he confessed to his brother that "Love is a vampire's greatest weakness."However, she only left one vital piece of information out, his name. Her mind still taunted her with his name and flashbacks of his red plump lips on her's from time to time. It was too painful for Havana to bear.

Anyways, it's not like anyone knows who Klaus Mikaelson is. There are millions of vampires out there, I bet most of them haven't even heard of his name.

Damon and Havana walked with their arms linked in the brightly lit house. Upon entering, they were greeted with the music echoing throughout the house and food being served on multiple silver trays. "Damon, have I ever told you that sometimes when you don't annoy me, I actually find you cute." She turned to her date batting her eyes.

"What do you want now?" He groaned.

Havana smiled innocently replying "Can you pretty please get me a drink?"