Chapter 5: My Old Friend, Elijah

Havana's eyes fluttered open

Havana's eyes fluttered open. The back pain started to kick in. She blamed her uncomfortable bed beneath her. Her eyes widened with the realization of this isn't my bed, this is not a bed at all! She jolted up and examined the room. She and Elena (who was still unconscious) were still wearing the clothes they were in last night. They were also on a couch in a room that proved that indoor hurricanes existed. The wallpapers were peeled down, broken chairs and glass were scattered on the floor, and graffiti were displayed on the bare walls. This house is definitely abandoned. Nobody was with them, they were all alone. "Elena, Elena, wake up now!" Havana shook her cousin's body forcing her to awaken. Elena seemed to realize what was going on faster than her cousin since panic took over her face. "They-whoever they are-left us alone. So we need to go, now!" Havana commanded. Elena nodded fast. Both cousins stood up ready to make a run for it when they heard a swoosh and were violently tossed back to the couch.

A man with long hair smirked. "There's no escaping girls."  Both Havana and Elena shrunk into the couch as he made steps forward. His head moved from Elena to Havana, then settled with Elena. He came closer to the frightened Gilbert. "Just one taste." Havana knew that he was making an empty promise. It was clear what kind of creature he was. A vampire

"Trevor!" A sharp tone made the vampire take a detour from Elena's neck. "Control yourself!" Havana let out a breath she didn't know that she was holding when he retreated backward. "buzzkill", he muttered to himself.

The scolding voice belonged to a woman. She had a pixie cut and wore a daylight ring similar to Trevor's. Elena and Havana gave each other the same look. Who are these vampires and what do they want from us? "My God, you just look like her." Rose took a closer look. Havana cursed to herself. Of course, even when Katherine's gone, she still manages to create more trouble.

"But she's not Katherine dumbass." Havana rolled her eyes. "So for the love of God let us go-"

"-be quiet!" She ordered yet Havana still stood up ready to slap her.

"Please! You're making a mistake! MY name is Elena Gilbert, you don't have to do this-" Elena begged.

"-I know who you both are, and I said be quiet."

"Then what the hell do you want from us-" A loud smack was heard in the room, and Havana fell unconscious again on the couch. Elena gasped coming to the aid of her cousin, she shook her awake. "Ouch. you bitch!" Havana mumbled cradling her cheek. A light bruise started to form, she glared at the vampiress who stood full of authority with her arms crossed. "I want you to be quiet." She repeated, her cold glare burnt holes in the heads of the cousins. Elena frantically shook her cousin who faded into the darkness yet again.

------------

When Havana regained consciousness, Trevor and the woman were no longer in the room. It was only her and Elena yet again. The younger cousin noticed her cousin awake and helped her stand up. "Does it look bad?" Havana turned sideways for Elena to inspect it.