Chapter 41 Unexpectedly Good Company

Havana arrived at the address that her savior Hailey gave her

Havana arrived at the address that her savior Hailey gave her. She stared up at the brick townhouse that was located a couple of streets near the main road of Chaseington. She examined the exterior appreciating its classic style and the many large windows that allowed a lot of natural lighting to flow in. Looking closely, she could recognize some of Klaus's paintings hanging on the walls thus confirming that the house was indeed his. However, it seemed like there was no one home. There was no movement inside or even a light turned on. A loud voice in her head started screaming to turn back and go home before anyone caught her. That it was useless to try to get Klaus back and coming all the way here was a mistake. Truthfully, Havana did want to leave at this very moment. Unlike her, Klaus was not an indecisive person. When he makes a decision, he is the type that would stick with it and no one else can convince him otherwise. He set out on a large-scale search for her, bent over backward for months trying to win her back, and confessed his undying love numerously only for Havana to keep rejecting him. It was also no help that her association with Elena and the other Scooby Doo gang were factors in her dismissal of Klaus's affections. As much as it broke his heart, Klaus accepted the belief that these actions were further proof that she no longer loved him the way she once did. It was not worth it chasing someone who did not even want to be caught. He had to let her go. No one else was going to convince him otherwise. Havana took deep breaths calming her mind. With the little hope she had left, she pushed the gate open and walked towards the steps further into the property. 

After walking up the steps to get to the main door, Havana wasted no time knocking loudly for anyone inside to hear. This was because she was certain she would have chickened out and left the more she wasted time standing there just drowning in her thoughts. When no one answered, she knocked again and this time asked out loud, "Is anyone home? Hello-" 

The door opened before she could finish her sentence. She could feel her heart beat out of her chest the moment she saw the wooden door start to swing. Her breath hitched in her throat when her vision was of a buff chest staring back at her. Slowly turning her head up to see the man who opened the door, her anxious look turned into a surprised one.

"Tyler Lockwood?" She wondered out loud with her eyes wide. 

"Havana, what are you doing here?" His tone is more cold. He puffed out his chest even more to try to look intimidating which made Havana want to laugh. Tyler might be bigger and taller than her, but she can say with the utmost confidence that her sassiness and temper can make him feel significantly less. 

"I can ask you the same...but I think I already know the answer with your weird sire bond connection with Klaus." Tyler looked away. His silence was confirmation that he was one of Klaus's little goons whether it was against his will or not. "So where is he?" She continued.

"Where's who?" Tyler said his hardened expression never changing. Havana narrowed her eyes at him.

"Wow! I knew that you are an athlete but I never thought you were another dumb jock." Tyler sent visual daggers her way. "Who else would I be referring to? You? Yeah, you wish dog breath. Now where is Klaus?"