Chapter 45 Rude Awakenings

Havana felt a pair of lips placing soft kisses all over her face

Havana felt a pair of lips placing soft kisses all over her face. She fluttered her eyes open smiling at the man standing over her figure.

"Good morning, my love" Klaus smiled back at her placing one last kiss on her lips.

"Good morning to you too Mr. Mikaelson. You have somewhere to be?" She asked upon noticing that he was already semi-dressed.

"Duty calls. I have all of my coffins back except one. And I need to get it back from the wretched hands of Stefan Salvatore."

The past few days have been extremely chaotic for everyone in this town. Then again, Havana could not recall a time when Mystic Falls operated on peace and harmony. The latest tumultuous series of events started immediately after the homecoming party when Stefan stole Klaus's coffins containing all of his siblings. He may have saved Klaus from death by Mikael, but that was only because Damon would be killed by the other hybrids if their plan had followed through. Now, he operated on his crazy vendetta against Klaus and his promise to ruin him. Stefan without his humanity was the unhinged ripper Havana often heard about. Admittingly so, it was scary seeing him live up to that. At this point, he was doing anything and everything regardless of the safety of others to make sure Klaus was feeling his wrath. He even kidnapped Elena and almost drove them off a bridge just to force Klaus's hybrids out of town. After hearing that story from a very distressed Elena, Havana was pissed. As much as she wanted to confront Stefan and give him a good old-fashioned backhanded slap, the better part of her told herself to let Klaus handle it instead. Havana was on high alert barely leaving the house she now calls home with Klaus to be sure that she was not next on Stefan's leverage list against Klaus. An effect of her house protection though was boredom especially since Klaus barely spent his time there being so busy to get his family back.

"You seem stressed. Come here. Let me help you unwind." Havana seductively patted the empty spot beside her. She batted her lashes while slowly pulling back the blankets exposing her legs.

"You and I both know that I would not be able to make it out of the house by noon if I do so." Klaus's eyes wandered on Havana's body for a dangerously long time.

"By noon? Who said anything about me letting you step out of this house today." She continued teasing.

"Havana, please. Darling don't torture me any further. I have to get that coffin back." Klaus begged knowing that he won't be able to resist any longer. His eyes stayed glued to the ceiling while he was covered with the blankets again.

Havana huffed out in defeat nestling into the comfy sheets again. "Fine. I have important things to do as well such as doing all of the renovation of our home."

"And you are doing amazing so far, my love. I love the colors you have chosen for the kitchen."

"Mhmm." Havana crossed her arms.

Though she may have seemed annoyed, the truth was that she did not mind. Klaus had been so busy lately dealing with his stolen coffins that she dedicated her time to doing the interior of the house seeing potential in every corner. It was a way for her to keep busy without stepping out of the house where a humanity-less Stefan who was out for revenge on Klaus might be waiting for her. The last time she went out was Caroline's birthday a couple of days ago but that was because there were still hybrids who acted as her bodyguards.