Chapter 11: Run Havana Run

"So you're telling me that you want to apply for a job without any college degree?" Principle Ledger's eyebrow rose at the young woman sitting in front of him

"So you're telling me that you want to apply for a job without any college degree?" Principle Ledger's eyebrow rose at the young woman sitting in front of him. He adjusted his glasses reading Havana's resume carefully, "So you were a bartender for the last five years?" His voice was laced with judgment.

Now that he said it out loud, Havana shrunk to her seat. It did sound ridiculous how Havana was applying for a job at a school without any experience or credentials. But the Australian nodded confidently masking away her uncertainty. "Yes, I've become aware of how you are looking for a librarian and I believe that your gal!" She smiled. Whilst in the shower this morning, Havana thought of what she was going to do now that she was jobless and had a pile of bills to pay. She groaned at adulthood as the cold water trickled her skin, then a flashback hit her like a baseball bat hitting a baseball. When Havana had a split second of sobriety (which meant all of her booze was gone and she had to buy some more), she had read the morning paper and stumbled across an ad from the school. "I'm a neat freak Mr. Ledger so you can count on me whenever there's a misplaced book or dust on the shelves. Not to mention that I'm always early and not talkative at all! Perfect for being a librarian." Lies rolled off of Havana's tongue naturally. She batted her eyelashes at the principal who looked unimpressed.

Principle Ledger folded his arms and his lips were pursed. Damn it, I need to retire. I can't stand these demons they call kids and these morons they call educators much longer-"I don't even know why you want to waste my time Ms. Sommers. You are clearly incapable and unqualified for getting the job-or any job! Do yourself s favor and enroll yourself in night class, Ms. Sommers-"

Havana wanted to staple this arrogant man's lips shut but decided to do a different approach since cash was really running low. "-Why is there a need for formalities Keith."  principle caught off guard by Havana's sudden shift in her tone. All of a sudden, her enthusiastic promising voice became a softer sexier version of it. It helped that she had an accent too. "Call me Havana. You did it when we first met. God, you were sexy back then with your tie all loose and you kept on ordering those German beers. Where was that fun Keith who kept on singing karaoke the whole night?" Havana pouted slightly biting her plumpy lips. The principal stuttered trying not to glance at her tempting physique.

During one of her shifts at her old job bartending in the Mystic Grill, Havana stumbled across a flustered Mr. Keith Ledger who came from "Another unsettling parent-teacher conference with a bunch of crazed overly assertive parents." He continued to rant about his jobs while drinking some of Havana's famous inventions. He also flirted with the Australian till the sun rose up and Havana's sides were hurting from laughing at the forty-two-year-old's attempts to take her home.

Unfortunately, the drunk and horny Keith Ledger from that windy night was nowhere to be found.

-------------