Chapter 19 The Ritual

"Klaus! Let me go!" Havana harshly banged her fists on Klaus's back to no avail

The pissed-off Original continued walking with Havana hanging over his shoulder. They went further into the woods to the location where the ritual was going to take place. Havana continued yelling loudly trying to get anybody's attention. She shrieked when Klaus placed her on the ground and pinned her to a nearby tree wildly catching her off-guard. His hands were pressed on the tree trunk next to both sides of her head.

"You've already angered me enough, love, so I suggest you keep quiet until after the ritual is complete." He spoke in a low voice dripped with venom.

"There's not going to be a ritual anyways..not without a wolf." Havana bit back.

Klaus chuckled though his eyes were sinister, "You and your little friends really underestimate me."

"You're easy to fool."

The expression on his face hardened as he remembered what had just happened moments ago back at Alaric's apartment when he had let his guard down. The original reminded himself that he had time to win Havana back after he finished the ritual. There was no time for any distractions now.

"Let me remind you, little Havana, I have been alive for more than a thousand years. That means I pick up a thing or two since the last time I tried to do the ritual."

He brought out his phone and showed her a live recording of a woman in chains screaming in pain.

"It can't be...that's a-"

"-wolf. Correct, meet my back up wolf Jules."

He shoved his phone in his back pocket before adding, "You may be someone I care deeply about but if you think you're my weakness, you're awfully mistaken." Havana's heart sunk further. "I have everything I need. And I also have backups. Back-up wolf, back-up witch, and back-up vampire."

Havana remembered that Damon had set out to save Tyler and Caroline. She already knew who was going to replace Tyler which only led her to shakily ask who was his back-up vampire.

Klaus broke into a sinister grin which only scared her more.

"You're going to find out now." He harshly grabbed her hand and continued walking towards the direction they were heading.

Havana's heart started thumping loudly in her chest. The fear over who was the unlucky sacrificial lamb started to invade her mind. Stefan, Damon-it could be anyone.

They stopped in front of a clearing with three large circles of fire. There were also four people present: three trapped in two of the flaming circles while one just stood in front of them who obviously was a witch on Klaus's side.

Havana cursed to herself starring at the she-wolf who was turning, her cousin Elena looking helpless, and Aunt Jenna who concerningly had blood dripping from her mouth. That's when she realized why Jenna was present. Her expression went from shock to mortified in an instead before she tried running towards them only to be stopped by Klaus's death grip on her arm.