Chapter 39 Best Friends Support Each Other No Mather What

"Bestie! Oh, Bestie! Where are you?" Havana walked into the Salvatore boarding house yelling for her best friend

"Bestie! Oh, Bestie! Where are you?" Havana walked into the Salvatore boarding house yelling for her best friend. She repeated it in a sing-song tune looking around for Damon to appear.

Instead, Stefan was the one who greeted her. "Great, you're back. Don't you have an AA meeting or something?" He lay on the couch with two women by his side. Two dead women.

Havana exaggerated her fake laughing pretending to wipe fake tears in her eyes in the process. "Oh, Stefan. You are too funny!" She threw a random seat pillow to his face which he caught swiftly.

During the Senior Prank Night, Klaus compelled Stefan to feed on Elena as a result of his insubordination. Miraculously, he was able to fight the compulsion which impressed Klaus. However, he still wanted some kind of payment and settled on compelling Stefan to switch off his emotions. Stefan with no humanity means that he was back to being Jack(ass) the Ripper again.

Havana went upstairs and further into the hallway calling out Damon's name. Finally, the eldest Salvatore swung his door open revealing himself to her.

"What am I? Bloody Mary where you can just screech my name and I appear? You can I can hear you from downstairs." Damon sassed quirking an eyebrow in the process.

Havana ignored what he had just said and smiled exiting instead extending her arms, "I just missed you!"

"We just saw each other this morning when I made you breakfast." He leaned on the door frame not bothering to invite her in. It was only a couple of hours ago when the two of them sat in the kitchen of the boarding house munching on Damon's famous pancakes. It was an effort to cheer up Havana who was seemingly heartbroken. What he hadn't expected though was for her to be overly cheered up. Damon held a suspicious gaze at her.

"Well, I still missed you anyway. Let's hang!" She took off her heels and pushed his arm away thus making enough space for her to squeeze in between him and the door before making her way to his bed. The mattress bounced as she threw herself on it. She looked back at Damon who said nothing but continued to stare at her as if he was analyzing something. "What is it?" She questioned.

After a while, he replied. "You're acting weird, you're overly cheerful and extra annoying, especially when you need something. What is it?"

Damn it.

"Wha-what? I just wanted to spend time with you, Damon. Our friendship is not transactional. I'm so appalled that you think that way." She quickly responded looking away from the person who knew her all too well. Damon still stood there with his hands crossed quirking a brow in entertainment. There was no use pretending now. With a groan, Havana admitted "Fine! Fine! You caught me. I need a little favor from you."

"How little of a favor is this?" He further integrated.

"I'm going to need your car." Havana sheepishly smiled.