Chapter 48 The Ball

"Welcome! Thank you for joining us

"Welcome! Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a century-old waltz so if all of you could find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah announced to everyone before making his way down the staircase and leading everyone to the room next door.

Havana stood by the steps of the grand staircase along with the rest of the Mikaelson clan sealing her status as an official non-official Mikaelson. Her arm was laced with Klaus's while they descended from the stairs following the crowd.

"You look absolutely ravishing, little dove." He whispered into her ear as he helped her down from the last step.

"It's the dress. It's very beautiful, Nik. Where did you find such a beautiful gown on such short notice?" Havana blushed looking down to admire the red floor-length dress she wore. It was adorned with intricate sequins all over the upper portion of the gown and its silhouette swooped down like waves hugging her petite frame.

 It was adorned with intricate sequins all over the upper portion of the gown and its silhouette swooped down like waves hugging her petite frame

"I had it for quite some time now. I honestly do not know why I held onto it for so long but deep down I knew that I was reserving it for someone special to come along." He answered with his signature dimples showing.

They turned towards each other and smiled lovingly until a loud laugh interrupted their moment.

"Oh, brother! I regret being stuck in that box and not witnessing the moment you became so pussywhipped!" Kol held onto his sides howling in laughter.

Havana's eyes immediately widened at the statement while Klaus looked like he had flares blowing from his nostrils.

"I just learned that term only a few hours ago. Oh boy, do I love this new century. Vulgarity is finally accepted in society." He continued speaking while still laughing at his brother's display of affection.

"I will shove you into that box again and make sure you will never eve-" Klaus started marching towards his little brother with a murderous look on his face. His tone had completely changed from a few seconds ago. Havana had to physically step in the middle blocking Klaus from doing any potential harm.