Chapter 34 The Unexpected Visitor

"There has to be more to this dress!" Rebekah complained from behind the changing curtain

"There has to be more to this dress!" Rebekah complained from behind the changing curtain. She walked out and stood in front of the group and huffed "So women in the twenty first century dress like prostitutes then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today can wear nothing." Klaus retorted making himself and Stefan laugh at Rebekah who had steam coming out of her ears after.

The Mikaelson siblings, Stefan, and Havana were all at a high end fashion boutique helping Rebekah get clothes that would make her blend into today's society. By 'helping', it meant Stefan and Klaus on the couch drinking champagne while making jokes about every outfit Rebekah came out in. Havana found their childish remarks insufferable. It was quite obvious that Rebekah was still adjusting to the current century. Many things including clothes and music were definitely a big culture shock.

"So what do you think?" She asked them.

"I like it." Stefan said nodding slowly. Havana cringed at how noticeable his lie was.

"I can always tell when you're lying Stefan. And there's no use to asking you." She moved away from Klaus and faced Havana. "Well you're a woman from the twenty first century. What do you think?"

Havana was caught off-guard by the question. The younger Mikaelson had not uttered a word to her since the basement. She pondered for a moment if she would lie but decided against it. "Okay it looks horrible. The cut certainly doesn't fit your body type and the colors clash with your complexion. I think this dress suits you better." She downed her champagne and led Rebekah to the clothing rack beside where she was sitting. She pulled out an scarlet tube dress. It was a casual long linen dress which Havana believed to be elegant and not too crazy for a girl who was in a coffin for more than a century.

"Mhmm" Rebekah surveyed the dress not sure whether to trust the woman she just met. "We'll see about that." She left to go change.

"I'm going to get some fresh air." Stefan excused himself from the group.

With Stefan gone and Rebekah still changing, it was just Klaus and Havana alone in the room. Things between them were getting better and better by the day. Their dynamic has drastically changed ever since they had that heart to heart conversation about how they feel in Galena a few days ago. Now, they seemed to eagerly converse and laugh each chance they got, especially when it was just them around. Sometimes, they would be casually holding hands. There were moments wherein Havana felt like it was back to normal back when she and Klaus were happily traveling around the world together. She found herself in the process of abandoning all her fears she had about him. The voice inside of her head telling her to run away and not look back was getting silent.

"Here you go my love." He poured her another glass of champagne.

"Thank you." She sat down beside him. "So, you're an idiot."