Chapter 40 This Strange Little Town

Chaseington in many ways was just like Mystic Falls

Chaseington in many ways was just like Mystic Falls. It was a small town with a smaller community who seemed to know every face in every corner. Rows of local stores ranging from clothing shops, bakeries, and other small businesses lined the main street. Another thing that Chaseington shared with Mystic Falls were the local myths that whispered throughout town. A quick Google search informed Havana about the stories of blood sucking creatures with inhumane speed and shapeshifters of the forest that come out every full moon. This town was crawling with the supernatural. Especially werewolves — a key ingredient to Klaus's desired hybrid army. The Original just had to be here, At least Havana hoped he was.

Havana drove around with no specific place in mind. Her mind went in circles as to where he might be. The news articles she found online were a big help since they all mentioned a sudden surge in 'animal attacks' over the past week in this supposedly quiet town. The task was of finding him was not easy though. Chaseington may be considered a small town but finding one specific person in an unfamiliar place was like finding a needle in the haystack. She had to come up with a plan.

Havana parked the car in front of the local bar & grill. Though she was no stranger to getting buzzed early in the morning, her intention for entering was for the sole reason of finding someone or something that can result to leads towards Klaus. Additionally, in her experience of werewolf hunting over the summer, her encounters of them were usually in bars at any given time of the day. All she had to do was sit pretty and act like a dumb tourist who had car trouble. Havana tried to brush her hair with the use of her fingers in an attempt to detangle any strands that have knitted themselves together and fixed her cardigan covering the small coffee stain on her shirt from last night. Havana quickly fixed the rest of her appearance with the use of her reflection on the glass hoping to look decent given that she was wearing yesterday's clothes and her face looked tired from pulling an all-nighter.

Despite being so early in the morning, there were already a few people inside drinking and eating breakfast. The sight of eggs and bacon made her mouth water. She sat down ordering a plate of it with waffles and tequila sunrise to pair. While she ate, two large men in their early thirties sat next to her. Their presence seemed to strike Havana being that all eyes turned to them as soon as they walked in. Fear and disguise flashed on people's faces as the two men who oblivious to the attention they had garnered kept on talking to each other. Havana stayed quiet trying to listen in on what they had to say.

"It was crazy man! I didn't know that I could be stronger than I already was. And now I can make people do whatever shit I want then to do." One said proudly while the other nudged him.

"Keep your voice down stupid! You don't want people to overhear you. He will have your head for that, literally. I've seen him do it before. He's someone you shouldn't mess with."

Havana bit the inside of her cheeks from laughing at the two loud idiots. It was no wonder why the people inside the bar were so familiar with them. These loudly yapping boneheads were the reasons why hushed whispers of 'beasts' living among humans were present in this town. Though she was entertained, she was most intrigued at the mention of a he. She perked up at the possible mention of Klaus. She was a hundred percent certain that they were referring to none other to him, especially since that they also did mention about being brutally dismembered in the same sentence. She kept silent listening in on their conversation while casually eating the breakfast meal she ordered.