Chapter 37 Head Over Heart Type of Thing

The sweet sounds of violins flooded Havana's ears prompting her to wake up

The sweet sounds of violins flooded Havana's ears prompting her to wake up. Her eyes opened slowly, still groggy from a very deep slumber. She pushed herself up and examined her surroundings confused as to how she got there. The room was spacious and boasted high ceilings. There was matching furniture that was strategically scattered which was all white including the four-poster bed she laid on. Sunlight went through the canopy covering her side of the bed. She pulled them to the side to reveal large French doors that led to a garden courtyard.

 She pulled them to the side to reveal large French doors that led to a garden courtyard

This is definitely not my hotel room, she thought.

Then it all came rushing to her. The necklace. Stefan getting caught by Gloria. Rebekah. Klaus. The date. The kiss. And he compelled her to sleep after he found out that she was lying to him.

Havana groaned in frustration. When it seemed like she and Klaus were ready for a reconciliation, fate had to swoop in and remind them that they belonged to different sides. And now that she was still stuck with him, she was going to have to deal with his temper from this betrayal.

The sounds of violins brought her back to reality. Music was echoing throughout the house and she decided to investigate it. Havana stepped out of the bed and walked barefoot against the cold tiles. She was in a white night dress that extended up to her knees showing that she was changed in the middle of the night.

As she walked closer to the source of the music, droplets of blood became more frequent. And they lead to a room scattered with fresh dead bodies. In the middle was a shirtless Klaus painting. His back was turned on Havana making him unaware of her entrance. Havana noticed the flex of his back muscles each time he lifted the paintbrush. A series of steamy flashbacks ran through her mind of tracing the tattoo on his shoulder and laying kisses on his bare back.  She shook her head trying to think of something else.

"Good morning sweetheart", Klaus greeted though his back was still turned. "Or should I say good afternoon? You had quite a nap." His tone was teasing yet Havana knew very well that he was angry.

"I was forced to have that 'nap'. You compelled me, remember?" Havana hated being compelled. Every vampire around her knew about her bad experience with compulsion. And so did Klaus, he was the one who gave her that bad experience.