Chapter 36 Revalations

Rebekah was in no mood to sleep tonight

Rebekah was in no mood to sleep tonight. After being asleep in a coffin for over ninety years, she was eager to explore this whole new world. This century was drastically different than the others. Though she did see some cons, there are definitely more pros, especially for women. Men were never a threat to the only Original female so she never feared them in any way. However, it did make her feel better for the women surrounding her to be more that had more freedom compared to the women ninety years ago. She was out enjoying what the night offered her which included a couple dead men and the shiny short dress which she just bought. Klaus also handed her a device called a 'smartphone'. She got the hang of it quickly, especially with texting and taking 'selfies'. Currently, she was in the basement which housed her coffin enjoying her fourth man of the night, not in a scandalous way but rather in a nutritious way. She had just been to Gloria's bar demanding answers as to where her necklace was but the witch seemingly had vanished. Unbeknownst to her, Katherine was the one behind it. The doppelgänger had just helped Stefan escape after the witch found out that Elena was alive. The sound of footsteps approaching made Rebekah throw the dead man into an empty crate before hiding behind a wall.

Stefan walked in and looked around the room full of crates and her family's coffins. Rebekah had observed him to always be a curious one, yet she wondered exactly what he was looking for.

"You're back finally. Nik took Havana to some jazz club leaving us two alone." She made her presence known. She smiled walking closer to him excited to see her last lover. "Legendary isn't it? The family cargo." She referred to the coffins currently housing her other brothers.

"Why didn't you undagger them?" Stefan asked.

"Because Nik will haunt me down and kill me. He's a vindictive bastard my brother."

"But you still care about him?"

"I hated him for a long time. But it got exhausting especially since I am stuck with him forever." She answered truthfully.

"When I met the two of you, you were both on the run. Why?" He questioned further trying to play it off as if he was just making conversation. Rebekah knew better,

Stefan the curious. Don't you know what happened when the cat got too curious? she thought.

"What do you mean?" She tried to play dumb.

"The last time I saw the both of you, a man was looking for you. You both seemed afraid. I didn't think Klaus would be afraid of anyone."

Rebekah shook her head, "No one in this world is truly fearless Stefan. Not even Niklaus."

"Who was that man Rebekah?" He acted concerned.

"He was-I can't talk Stefan. If Nik knew that we were talking about this he would kill me."

Stefan immediately started apologizing. "I'm so sorry. Please forget that I asked. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." He gave her a reassuring smile. His hands were on her arms in an attempt to console her distressed appearance.