Chapter 44 Meeting Mikael And Multiple Attempted Murders

The homecoming party at Tyler's house was already in full swing by the time the two lovers arrived

The homecoming party at Tyler's house was already in full swing by the time the two lovers arrived. They both were meant to be there earlier but decided to 'bless' their new home last minute. Klaus opened the door for Havana to step out of the car flashing her a cheeky grin having not recovered from their activities just minutes ago. Tyler looked away in uncomfortable silence upon noticing that Havana's hair was still slightly disheveled and a faint stain of lipstick was pressed on Klaus's neck. Meanwhile, the hybrid army had arrived at the place hours prior as they were part of the setup and were now discreetly roaming around the property ready to report any suspicious activity to their boss. 

One of Klaus's head hybrids, Mindy, nodded at him both as a sign of acknowledgment and new updates regarding their patrol. "I will be back with you shortly my love. I have to discuss some new intel with Mindy and the others." Klaus kissed her cheek before turning to Tyler. "You. Take care of my date."

"You got it, Klaus." Tyler nodded obeying his sire. When Klaus left, Tyler held out his arm for Havana to take. "Great. Looks like I'm stuck with you now."

"Oh shut it, Lockwood. We both know you're thrilled to be spending time with me." Havana teased wrapping her arm around his before entering the house together. 

Apart from the hybrids, the people at this party were all teenagers who went to school with Tyler, Elena, and their friends. Havana felt a little too old to be in a high school party, however, it was expected since it was technically their homecoming party. When they made it out in the garden where the live band was held, Havana looked around her surroundings. In a sea of teenagers, she still has not spotted any familiar faces. 

"Looking for someone?" Tyler asked.

"Not really anyone in particular. I just haven't seen my cousin or her friends." She said nonchalantly but she harbored suspicion on the inside. Havana was on high alert for any possible ambush.

"Care just texted me. She and Bonnie will be here soon. As for the others, they probably haven't arrived yet either." Tyler explained.

Caroline's name triggered another thought in her head. The last time she saw the blonde girl was when she had that heated exchange with her and Elena outside the Mystic Grill before she left to find Klaus. Although that may have happened, she still considered Caroline a friend and did not want that to affect their relationship. However, she also wondered if the accusations Rebekah had made about her had any truth, particularly about her having feelings for no other than the man she was with. 

It must not be true. Caroline has Tyler whom she is in a relationship

"Speaking of Caroline, how's the both of you?" Havana investigated further.

 "We're fine I guess. I don't know. Things have been feeling off lately especially since everyone is now keeping their distance from me because of my sire bond with Klaus." Tyler looked surprised at the sudden interest in his relationship but answered anyway.