Chapter -24- Smile,it is sunnah!

'We have one life.It soon will be past.What we do for Allah is all that will last' - Muhammad Ali.

SANAM'S POV

"Wake up,Sanam! It's maghrib time." A warm hand nudged me softly.I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn.My head still felt a bit heavy but my heart was back beating on its lite rhythm.The sun has set and the voice of azaan echoed from the nearby mosque.I was still feeling dazed and confused.Everything that happened felt like a nightmare.

What startled me was the scenario in the living room.My entire family sat sternly opposite the couch I was sleeping on.Mom had a worry etched face and my sisters were gaping at me gloomily.Mikael stood up as soon as I straightened my now aching back.It gave me a hint that they learnt about the chase.

"How many times should I warn you not to go out on your own? This world isn't safe anymore! Not alteast for a young girl like you," Mikael scolded.I knew this was going to come.Mikael didn't like the idea of me going alone to the university or orphanage.He wanted me to go with his driver or with him.I always did otherwise.Meanwhile mom rose from her seat and came towards me.

"Are you okay dear ?" She asked, cupping my face in her soft palms.I simply nodded and untied my hijab which was still on my head.

"You never had a syncopal attack in the past twenty one years," mom spoke in a husky voice.Just the thought of it made me break into a cold sweat.Her eyes were glassy and she placed her warm hands in mine.She read a dua and blew over my face.Shaila and Urwa came crashing towards me, enveloping me in a group hug and burst into spontaneous tears.

"Shukran Allah that you're fine.Forget whatever unfortunate had befallen you today," Shaila lamented.Their caring words and concerned faces soothed my heart for now it felt safe and loved.

Mikael was standing few feets away watching all the drama unfolding between us.His frown deepened and and he folded his arms over his chest as I staggered towards him.Mom was bewildered at my sudden movement.

"I am sorry bro! I now understand pretty much as to why our prophet (P.B.U.H) advised us not to walk alone," I confessed looking into his blue orbs.His anger melted away and he looked at me with his eyes full of tears fighting to flow down.I had never seen him cry after Uncle Atif's death.

All through life, mom had been extra cautious about us as we lived alone but now that we had become super busy she had become a bit lenient.She was thinking all this unfortunate to be her mistake and burried herself in a pool of tears, cursing her self proclaimed carelessness.

"NO one except those guys are to be blamed for this," Urwa verbalised.

"I totally agree with you.Had I been there I would have ripped their heads off their bodies!" Mikael fumed.

"But I think Shiraz had played my part quite well," he added.

So it was Shiraz who told him everything.

Mom steadied herself and wiped her face clear.Everyone fixed their gaze upon her ageing face.

"No one but Allah has the right to take someone's life.As humans we don't have the permission to hurt another human unless he's a threat to your life.But Allah loves those who forgive," mom spoke.She even recited an ayah to explain it.

Surah An-Najm, Verse 31:

وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ لِيَجْزِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسَاءُوا بِمَا عَمِلُوا وَيَجْزِيَ الَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا بِالْحُسْنَى

And Allah's is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, that He may reward those who do evil according to what they do, and (that) He may reward those who do good with goodness.