chapter 4 -Yearning for love

Love all, trust a few and do wrong to none"-William Shakespeare.

Shiraz POV

I tagged along with Shehriyaar and Yumna for the anatomy class. The professor hadn't arrived yet so the atmosphere was insanely noisy. Everyone was busy chatting and making new friends. I randomly scanned the classroom,my eyes trying to find a new source of interest only to land on a girl sitting in the front row. She was the only one who was not talking to anyone.Perhaps she wasnt much comfortable or she was nervous.Out of curiosity I sat beside and decided to speak to her.

When I grabbed her attention she looked up surprisingly and for the first time I saw a face very plain.Unlike all the other girls who had caked their faces. She was neither dressed extravagantly nor was any ounce of makeup visible on her pretty face.

"Hey there! I am Shiraz Haroon, and you Miss?"

This earned me,dirty glares from the nerdy guys clan and jealous stares from the girls.I was very good at befriending girls.

When I asked for her name, she replied rudely that she wasn't interested in talking to me.The way she reacted I felt there was something wrong with her. Girls usually squealed in excitement when I speak to them. I tried controlling my anger and left the rude girl to herself.

Shehriyaar and Yumna had reserved another seat for me. The professor was going to make his presence any moment so I sat myself with them. Yumna kind of scolded me for talking to a random girl.

"Shiraz, why do you waste your precious time on an attention seeker?" Yumna asked staring at that rude girl. I didn't get to know her name but I was eager to find out soon. She was quite different. Never in my nineteen years of existence has any girl replied to my kindness in this way!

The wooden door flew open,signalling the professor's arrival. He introduced himself as Dr. Ahmer. He seemed like a cool professor. I would definitely get to have fun troubling him. Even during my high school days I was infamous for being the troublemaker for teachers.Little naughty but a good student.Unexpected by the teachers I used to be the topper in all exams but passing high school days just like a nerd was never my idea of fun.

After his introduction and long list of rules and regulations, he asked everyone to introduce themselves. He started with the girls. This was the most interesting part .That arrogant girl introduced herself as Sanam Akram. I smirked at her to which she rolled her eyes.

During the lunch break instead of going to the cafeteria I decided to hang out around the university. It was a pretty awesome place with a beautiful garden around. I went out with a bunch of friends.

Minutes later we all started discussing our hobbies. During our sports discussion I got to know that many guys liked playing basketball so we hit the playground. We started the game with a group of seniors as our opponents. I was quite good at this game and like always my team won the game.

The basketball court was filled with roars of girls squealing and guys hooting.But my attention was diverted to a girl sitting on a bench. It was Sanam. For a second our eyes met and I tried to smile at her but she returned it with a look of disgust and walked away.

What was wrong with this girl? Couldn't she return a single smile? I ignored her rudeness and walked back to the class.The rest of my day was quite uneventful. First day of university gave me the much needed adrenaline rush for the beginning.

*********

After a tiring day I came home to an empty house. As usual dad was busy with his business meetings and mom with her friends or at some charity event.And Masarrath usually hanged out with her friends in the evening. My life at home was pretty much boring as everyone was occupied with themselves most of the time.