Chapter-14-Falling for Him

"This world isn't perfect. That means it isn't perfectly good but it isn't perfectly bad either"-Yasmin Mogahed.

Sanam's POV

Days were passing by in a blur.Just a month was left for my first year final exams.I can very well remember the day when I bought my car. I had saved enough from the past few months which turned out sufficient to pay the first installment.That day I thought the of offering a ride to someone who always dreamt of a car. I drove it from the showroom straight to the orphanage.

Mom wanted me to donate some clothes and money for those less priveleged kids.I went there especially for Maher, a ten year old boy who was crazy about cars.He had promised to buy me a car when he grows up .What was better than giving him a ride, a glance of his dream which will come true by Allah's will.On my way I hadnt forgotten to stop by at the bakery for buying a cake.When I reached my destination most of the kids were having breakfast. I didn't get into the dining room but kept honking in the play area which made the kids come out of curiosity. They didn't recognise me as the tinted glasses had obstructed their view.

"Is this for real?" Questioned a very surprised Maher.

"Sanam sis..Is this your own car?" Maher kept wondering touching the sleek design of my white Honda.

"Yes Maher! It is for real, this new car belongs to me.Alhamdulillah.Get in now if you want a ride," I said pointing towards the passenger seat.

"Come on everyone! Sanam wants to give us a ride in her new car," an excited Maher called out the rest of the kids.As my car wasn't that big it could accomodate only five kids.The little crowd couldn't contain their joy.Throughout our mini trawl Maher kept asking me about the mileage and many other details about the car.For a ten year old he was very sharp. Inshallah one day he shall fulfill his crazy dream about buying the fastest car in the world.After the ride we cut the pineapple cake I brought for them.A natural smile was permanently plastered on their angelic faces.

Seeing their smiling faces lit my gloomy one.That day I had experienced real happiness.Something which we get only by giving.Being useful to or needed by others is one of the easiest ways to happiness.I had spent my early years ridden with doubt, insecurity and hate.My life convinced me that I might never feel joy again.But it did set me on a quest for something more than all these things life had given me.I reached a point where I almost gave up.Had it not been for Allahs guidance and moms duas I wouldn't have tried.

I tried to survive through all the worst time by turning my heart love proof.I got bruised and battered but never let it heal.I didn't cave in and bury my head in the sand rather I used it as a spur to fight back with my last reserve and emerged a winner.Allah(swt)had healed a part of me by bringing this kids in my life.I know a part of me is still in the process to heal and it will be better than it ever was.And that shall take it's own time.The time when I will fulfill all the promises I had made to dad, a time when I become a near perfect muslimah.A time when I shall be pleased with my existence.

The urge to contemplate philosophy visits me often.These urges become transfigured by my mood.I never knew that life was a big circle; however fast you may try to move you cannot avoid some people.People whom you keep leaving behind but who get stuck in your life like a glue. That day I also happen to meet a wonderful human who was the granny of that jerk.I still remember our conversation.

"Assalamualaikum daughter, are you new here?" Asked an old lady while I was busy playing with the kids.

"Walaikumsalam Mam.I come here to spend time with this kids," I replied, caressing the cheeks of my favourite girl, Myra.

"Oh dear! That's so kind of you. What's your good name?" Asked the lady smiling widely at me.

"I am Sanam Akram! " I replied releasing my fingers from Myra who ran back to the dorm.