chapter 5-Playing pranks

"To be or not to be that is the question whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of trouble" - William Shakespeare.

Sanam's POV

There came a day when I felt it was the right opportunity for me to make a good impression on my professor.Dr.Ahmer was going to conduct a test for us. He was even going to give us an assignment for which he had paired everyone. He said he would be announcing our partners after the test.

I decided to try my best to fair well in this test because they say- You never get a second chance to make the first impression!

After reaching university ...I walked into the whitewashed classrom only to find that my seat was taken away.Someone else had occupied the place where I sat everyday.When I moved closer I saw that Shiraz was sitting on it comfortable much.I walked myself away from that seat,irritation itching me.

How can a day go without him annoying me ?When will he get rid of his jerky ways? Arghhh!!!
This time I was not going to let him away without a revenge.It was time I applied the famous Newton's law-'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'.

I blantly ignored him and scanned the room for another seat.My brilliant mind was trying to hatch an evil plan.I sat behind him like I haven't noticed him on my seat.

Dr.Ahmer walked in few minutes later.I was a little late but I managed to get in just on time. All the students settled down in their places once they noticed his presence.Shiraz was still on my seat chatting with his circle of friends.I was resisting the urge to yank him off my seat.

"Good morning class! As I have already informed you people, there's going to be a test in general anatomy today..I have got high hopes from few students so you need to show me what you have in there ," he said pointing towards his brain . He continued by giving some instructions about the time limit and marks. When students got up to keep their bags outside the room I took the chance to borrow sticking gum from Naila.She always had it in her bag.I evilly poured the gum on his seat and sat back on mine smiling cheekily all through.

Naila was surprised at my behaviour but she gave me a thumbs up when she understood what I was doing. I know it was nasty but he deserved every bit of it.I wanted to make him pay for every single act of his which irks me.Iam not any weak woman that people can get away after provoking me.I don't leave any one who has gotten on my nerves without teaching them a lesson.

I couldn't help bursting out with laughter but I pursed my lips tightly and gained control as I had to start the test.

The essay questions appeared quite easy to me as I had prepared really hard yesterday. I stayed up till late night to study. Mom was there beside me all the time encouraging me and praying for me.Her words of wisdom from Quran always came out at the right time.

Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Al-An'aam (6:160)

مَنْ جَاءَ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا ۖ وَمَنْ جَاءَ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلَا يُجْزَىٰ إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا وَهُمْ لَا يُظْلَمُونَ

Man jaa bialhasanati falahu AAashru amthaliha waman jaa bialssayyiati fala yujza illa mithlaha wahum la yuthlamoona

He that doeth good shall have ten times as much to his credit: He that doeth evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil: no wrong shall be done unto (any of) them.

Had it not been for her I would have easily given up on studying for long hours. Oh Allah!! I just can't describe how much I love her.Iam never gonna leave her.