Chapter-35- Bundle of joy

SANAM'S POV

Happy days were these at my new home; and busy days too.Quite different from my past life of monotony and solitude.Perhaps marriage proved to be a blessing for me.All the sad feelings and gloomy associations were forgotten.There was life in every part of me.

The one week I had spent with my husband in umra(holy pilgrimage) was indescribably overwhelming.I had never felt more loved.And that's where I witnessed the spiritual side of Shiraz.When he cried his heart out in front of the creator, when he walked hand in hand with me during the tawaaf in hot sun, stopping after every few rounds for zamzam water.Every moment was undescribably beautiful .Each day, every minute I couldn't help falling more for him.With him I felt even closer to my Lord.With him came the missing optimism in my vision.

The blue sky and halcyon sunshine of the genial spring weather called me out into the garden ground.Amidst the sweet fragrances sat a familiar figure with his clenched hands resting on his knees and his eyes bent on the ground.My eyes erewhile fixed on the bushes were now irresistibly attracted to his dimples.Only six months into my marriage and I was growing very lenient to him.

It had formerly been my endeavour to study all sides of his character, to take the bad with the good to form an equitable judgement.Now I saw no flaws.He was more than perfect for me.I could fathom the strange depth in his eyes, sense the pain behind his smile.I had learnt to love him and every single captivating feature of his.

Within a jiffy, he sensed my eyes on him.I smiled at him and he smirked.

" Iam nervous, " he confessed.

" Don't be! We've gave our best.InshaAllah we will get residency in the best medical school.Allah says:"

Surah Hud, Verse 115:

وَاصْبِرْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

And be patient, for surely Allah does not waste the reward of the good-doers.

"InshaAllah! I hope I'd get the residency in general surgery.I have grown fond of operations during my under graduation days."

I squeezed his hand assuringly.He let out a sigh of relief.While he mused on his future, I played around with a pair of white rabbits.The only animals that didn't scare the crap out of me.

Though we had a lot of work during our house job, we studied pretty much for the postgraduation entrance exam.The online tutorials were a great aid.While studying medicine, I had decided that I would like to become a paediatrician or a gynaecologist.With the rank I secured in the entrance test I was hopeful of getting accepted in a good medical school for my specialisation.

"You like rabbits? " He asked, caressing the white pet.

"Yeah I do like them now! Though I was pretty much scared to even touch them initially." He grinned at my reply.Despite being an animal lover he didn't keep any as I was not very fond of pets.

"It's the same with humans.You will never know a person until you really want to."

"You know what Qur'an says?"

Surah Al-Hajj, Verse 46:

أَفَلَمْ يَسِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَتَكُونَ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ يَعْقِلُونَ بِهَا أَوْ آذَانٌ يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا فَإِنَّهَا لَا تَعْمَى الْأَبْصَارُ وَلَٰكِن تَعْمَى الْقُلُوبُ الَّتِي فِي الصُّدُورِ