chapter 8 - Allah loves YOU

Live as if you were to die tomorrow and love as if you were to live forever-Mahatma Gandhi

Sanam's POV

I woke up to find two sleeping figures beside me.For a second I thought I was dreaming.But then last night's events came crashing down.

Yesterday wasn't good for me due to numerous reasons.

University had become a series of insane situations for me due to that jerk Shiraz.He had become synonymous with trouble. As if my life was easy already,I found one more problem called Shiraz. I seriously need to give him a piece of my mind otherwise he wouldn't stop annoying me.

"Ya Allah! Sanam, ranting early in the morning isn't good for your mental health!" I turned around to the source of the voice,Shaila.I didn't know that I was talking aloud.

"Sanam, why don't you trust Allah? You know he is testing us,remember what mom said - When Allah loves someone he afflicts them with trials.All this shall pass away with time and one day every single tear even an ounce of pain would be just a memory.Perhaps this was meant to bring us closer to Allah!" Shaila's words left me thinking deep.

She was younger to me biologically but mentally she was more mature.I felt short of words momentarily.I needed time to ponder over this.I got up from my bed to pray fajr.

Shaila prayed next to me.She looked like an angel in prostration.She prayed with so much depth, it was like she was talking to Allah directly.Though i prayed regularly,i lacked the sweetness in them.Maybe my tawakkul(faith) in Allah was not that strong.

After our prayer I tried to wake my sleeping mother.She was in deep slumber which was quite rare.She is usually the first person to get up for salah in the morning.I felt guilty for being the reason for her disturbed sleep.Had I controlled my tears,had I consoled Shaila ,mom would have slept peacefully.This made me hate myself more.I had promised dad to keep everyone happy.Yet again I failed in that.Ya Allah! I was such a weak and inconsiderate daughter.I promised myself that I will try my best to give them all the happiness and love they deserve.I have to gain control over my silly emotions.

Sometimes I really wished I was a guy. I hate the emotional trait which every girl is blessed with.But I never portray my emotional side to anyone except my family.For everyone else Iam a bland,less emotional human.

After our salah,mom narrated the story of prophet (JOSEPH)Yusuf ( a.s ).Who was abandoned by his jealous brothers in a well.He was separated from his father,who loved him dearly at a tender age.Few people who found him in the well bought him as a slave.He was imprisoned because he was very attractive.He was punished for a crime he never committed.Yet he never lost faith in Allah ( swt ). He had a lot of patience.Allah rewarded his patience by bringing him back to his parents and granted him a Kingdom too.This opened my eyes.I was blind to not see what all I have been blessed with.I was wrong all the time.There in their stories are instructions to people who understand.

Quote from the Holy Qur'an: Yusuf (12:15)

فَلَمَّا ذَهَبُوا بِهِ وَأَجْمَعُوا أَنْ يَجْعَلُوهُ فِي غَيَابَتِ الْجُبِّ ۚ وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْهِ لَتُنَبِّئَنَّهُمْ بِأَمْرِهِمْ هَٰذَا وَهُمْ لَا يَشْعُرُونَ

Falamma thahaboo bihi waajmaAAoo an yajAAaloohu fee ghayabati aljubbi waawhayna ilayhi latunabiannahum biamrihim hatha wahum la yashAAuroona

So they did take him away, and they all agreed to throw him down to the bottom of the well: and We put into his heart (this Message): 'Of a surety thou shalt (one day) tell them the truth of this their affair while they know (thee) not'