chapter-15-An unexpected guest.

'One of the dearest things to Allah is that you bring joy and comfort to the heart of someone else who believes in Allah'.

Sanam's POV

Final exams and its preparations were having an evil effect on my health.I had become a little skinny and my skin appeared pale and more of lifeless. I got those eyebags too which even a makeup could not fully mask .I never care much about my looks for I had always felt that our face keeps changing but this hard work will be worth enduring.A day when my first year results would be declared.It was quite unnerving to learn that they were actually being declared present day.My stomach was doing wierd flips.Mom and my professors had a lot of expectations from me.Inshallah(If Allah wills) I wouldn't be disappointing them.

"Assalamualaikum Sanam, did you finish praying?" Questioned mom, leaning against the chair opposite the coffee table.

"Walaikumsalam ma, yeah I have prayed asr," I replied .My eyes were plastered on the big clock in my living room waiting for it to strike five, the time my results would be declared online.

"Keep praying dear, inshaAllah your grades will be better than you expect," mom replied sensing my impatience.

I started reciting few verses of a wonderful surah which guides you to victory- Surah fatah.

Surah Al-Fath

إِنَّا فَتَحْنَا لَكَ فَتْحًا مُّبِينًا

Surely We have given to you a clear victory

لِّيَغْفِرَ لَكَ اللَّهُ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِن ذَنبِكَ وَمَا تَأَخَّرَ وَيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَيَهْدِيَكَ صِرَاطًا مُّسْتَقِيمًا

That Allah may forgive your community their past faults and those to follow and complete His favor to you and keep you on a right way,

وَيَنصُرَكَ اللَّهُ نَصْرًا عَزِيزًا

And that Allah might help you with a mighty help.

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ السَّكِينَةَ فِي قُلُوبِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ لِيَزْدَادُوا إِيمَانًا مَّعَ إِيمَانِهِمْ وَلِلَّهِ جُنُودُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

He it is Who sent down tranquillity into the hearts of the believers that they might have more of faith added to their faith-- and Allah's are the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is Knowing, Wise--

لِّيُدْخِلَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا وَيُكَفِّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ وَكَانَ ذَٰلِكَ عِندَ اللَّهِ فَوْزًا عَظِيمًا

That He may cause the believing men and the believing women to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein and remove from them their evil; and that is a grand achievement with Allah.

These verses calmed my nerves. I had faith that I will achieve victory. I have put my full trust in Allah and am prepared to accept his decree good or bad.I prayed a lot during my stay at Mecca for success in my exams.

Ring, ring...my silent duas were interrupted by my ringing phone.

"Assalamualaikum Sanam! Guess what? Our results are out.I just received a call from my relative who works in the academic section.I have passed with first division. Yaaayyy! And..you, Miss Sanam have scored a distinction.Congratulations dear! This calls for a celebration, " Naila chanted her voice mixed with excitement and happiness.