Chapter 40: Is Our Love Really Worth The Risk?

You widened your eyes even more as you continued to look at the figure. You couldn't see his face due to the fact that he was wearing a mask. The cloaked figure offered his hand to you. ' Shall we go?'' You widened your eyes and continued to look at his mask. The mask was a crescent- shaped moon, that covered half of his face, the rest covered with a white shield, a black silk-like ribbon laced around the edges of the mask, and a pure white feature added to the color of the moon. Quickly, you snapped out of your trance and looked down at his hand. Slowly, you slipped your small, fragile hand into his colossal one. As you did the notion, the figure clasped his hand over yours and brought you up upon the horse. You wrapped your arms around his cloaked torso tightly as the both of you rode off out the walls and into the Evergreen forest.

You lied your head against his back while tightening your hold on him. A few minutes pass by and the horse stops. You widen your eyes slightly and lifts your head up to look around at the scenery. The figure took you both to the middle of the forest, in the middle was a large wooden house. You looked up at the figure, as you were confused on why he brought you two here. The figure dismounted from the stallion and offered his hand to you. You gently took his hand and carefully got off from the horse. He squeezes your hand and takes you both inside of the wooden house. The door shuts quietly and you slip through his tight grasp on your hand. You gazed around the place in astonishment. Quietly, you walked over to the couch and sat down on the velvet sofa. The figure walks up to you and kneels down while looking up at you and taking your hand. You blushed a deep crimson red. " W-Why are we here?....'' The figure removes his mask and drops it to the floor. He then shifts his gaze back up at you while the sound of the mask being dropped to the ground is heard. You widened your eyes and your heart started to beat rapidly, as if trying to burst out of your chest in both pain and joyfulness. " Like l said before brat.... this is our new home...."

( Author's Note): Just a heads up, l'm only writing short chapters because the next one is containing a few time skips here and there. Also, it is the last chapter for this book. But in the last chapter, l shall tell all of you an important announcement about the next book. PLEASE COMMENT, FAVORITE, FOLLOW, AND ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!