Chapter 26: Maintaining Love Becomes A Challenge

Levi loomed over your unconscious body and pulled a few strands of hair off your pale face. " I promise." Slowly, Levi gazed down to your abdomen. The wound was healed, no longer leaking blood from it's original stance.

* Cough* * Cough* * Cough*

'' ( Your name)?'' Levi asked worryingly. You didn't respond verbally, however, instead you kept on fidgeting in his arms. Levi lifted your body from the ground and started to walk back to headquarters. '' Forever.''

" What happened Levi?! Why isn't ( Your name) awake?'' Hanji exclaimed out loudly. '' Shut up! ( Your name) is in the other room sleeping.'' Hanji straightened up. '' Fine. But why is ( Your name) in this state?'' Levi sighed. '' She's just... exhausted from the mission. That's all.'' '' Really?'' '' Even though she's not human, ( Your name) can also become tired.'' Levi had carried you to the infirmary as soon as both of you entered back into headquarters. You lied still in bed, sleeping peacefully. Until the sound of bed sheets ruffling in place alerted Levi and Hanji. '' Sounds like ( Your name)'s awake.'' Hanji said calmly. Both Corporal and and Squad Leader entered inside the compact infirmary. You sat up on the wooden framed bed, slouching forward. Hanji walked straight to you and clamped her hands over your own, her glasses fogged up. '' Why were you unconsciousness? Levi insists that you were just exhausted from the mission. However, I do not believe a word he says.'' Hanji persisted with a serious tone. You were awake, but your eyes were closed shut. Once you opened them, the lone scientist gasped out loud. Levi just sat in the seat next to you, emotionless. '' ( Your name)! Your eyes!...They are still in their ghoul form!'' You shrugged and looked down. " Oh." "Oh?" Hanji questioned. " In order for myself to fully heal the wound, I must be in my ghoul form. That's the reason why my eyes are this way.'' " I don't care about that, as long as you're fine I'm glad." With those words spoken, Levi reached over the bed and kissed your forehead.

You blushed and turned your head away." I thought you did not love me anymore." " ( Your name)." You turned back around to Levi and waited for his response. " The reason why I told you those words was because I wanted to prevent incidents like these to occur. Tch, I was going to explain before, however, you ran off after slapping me." Levi explained while crossing his arms. Blushing madly, you looked down at the bed sheets, avoiding his gaze. " I still love you, (Your name). Besides, I already promised to be with you forever." " Promised?" You questioned. " Nevermind brat, just rest." Before Levi and Hanji left you alone in the infirmary, you quickly latched onto Levis left arm. " What?" " P - Please stay! At least until I fall asleep." " No." " Why?" " You are not a child anymore, therefore you do not need me to help you sleep." You apologized and released your grasp on his arm. Levi bent down and softly pecked your lips. " Tch, annoying brat. I'll be back to feed you supper." You smiled, nodding your head at the same time. Levi and Hanji left the room.

(Author's Note): I have been sick for the past week...Sorry. PLEASE COMMENT, FAVORITE, ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY, AND FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!