20 | Bloody Mess in the Bedroom

Eren felt sick, so I took the honors of driving him home after fourth hour. He fell asleep on the ride to his house, as I figured out a way to get him inside. It took a while, but I managed to carry him (a.k.a partially dragging him) to the foyer, then walking to the living room, accidently dumping him on the couch. I wanted to bring him upstairs so he could sleep on his bed, but I realized his room was still left untouched after the little incident I walked up upon.

He woke up ten minutes later, feeling somewhat better. "Sorry I didn't bring you up to your bed. It's still a... mess," I said, hovering above him.

"It's okay," Eren replied. "I should probably clean that room up." He slowly walked up his swirly marble stairs, as I followed. When we entered the room, we started carefully lifting up bottles and putting them in the trash, as I trembled as I struggled to get the painkillers off the ground. I kept thinking about how Eren said he drank and everything because I was with Levi... and he basically admitted he was jealous.

I messed up his life. I should be ashamed; I don't know what to do but feel bad for him. "You shouldn't have drank because of me," I blurted out, the pills slipping out from in between my fingers. "I'm worthless. Every girl is better than me, why are you doing it for me?" Eren looked over at me as he sighed.

"You're different, yet you don't realize it. We were perfect, and I wanted to chase after you, but when Levi fought me for the third time, I knew I couldn't surpass him. The only thing to ease the pain and get my mind off of it was drinking... it was my only option. It felt... good. At the same time, I felt mentally stupid, so I didn't show up to school because I got carried away," he explained. The only thing I could do was arch my head down and focus on the pills, trying not to spill tears.

"Why are you still dating Levi if you believe he lied with Hanji to you about me and Petra being together and making out?" Eren suddenly asked, picking up crumpled receipts. I stand up throwing the pills away. I fiddle with the bed sheet, talking in a quiet voice.

"I want to break up with him... but I've grown to love him. Deep inside, I love you as well and I honestly want you back; but I'm stuck in this pregnant mess." Eren gently traced his hand on my growing stomach, indicating that there was indeed a bump.

"I'm sorry this happened to you," Eren sighed, looking down. I pursed my lips, saying mentally: Well it happened, so... His dark blue long sleeve shirt was wrinkled and messed up, as I looked down at where he was looking. I looked up and sighed, seeing a speck of red in the air. I shoot my head down, seeing that the speck of read was actually on his hand. I immediately took his arm and took a better close at it.

It looked like a forced cut. I pulled up his sleeve, revealing many horizontal cuts, the dry blood covering his arm. I was losing control and freaking out. "Eren, Eren, Eren, Eren, Eren, why?!" I screamed.

"(y/n) don't look, please stop it only gets worse," Eren pleaded, trying to wave my hand off of him. I held my grip and completely ignored his words as I took his other arm, and slid the other sleeve upwards about his elbow. Deep, dark cuts covered his arm. There was only three, because they were so thick. They weren't horizontal anymore, but vertical. My eyes were getting blurry from the dizziness, but I had to keep looking for more. I looked up, seeing Eren looking at his other arm I left behind. His expression was emotionless, indicating he didn't regret what he's done.

"Was it Levi's doing? Did you do it yourself?!" I screamed, carefully tracing my pointer finger over one of the cuts.

He didn't respond as his eyes were still fixated on himself. He's been wearing long sleeves for a while, even when it's been hot. In the distance, I've always noticed. I went up and tugged his collar down, seeing light slits on his neck. He tilted his head, sighing. I guess he was annoyed I found out. I bit my lip, analyzing everything in my head.

He wanted to die because I wasn't with him.

I held the tears back, even if my whole face felt hot and my nose was stuck. My eyes eventually went to the ground, as I prepared to cry. Before I did, I saw a kitchen knife on the ground, half-way under his bed. The handle was sticking out, waiting for someone to pick it up. I wanted to, as Eren saw what I was staring at. He kicked the handle so it disappeared under the bed. "Don't worry," he anxiously said. "It'll all be fine, don't worry about me. Levi did this, I—"

"Don't lie!" I yelled, squatting down to get the weapon. "Eren, I love you; don't do this to me!" I was still searching, as my hand gripped it. I stood up as I saw the knife with dry blood on the very tip and nowhere else. I wanted to throw it at a wall or break it. Eren's voice was in the background of my thinking. He was saying: "Put the knife down, please." I didn't listen to him once again as I brought out my left arm, cutting myself quite fast.

"I should've killed myself for not being with you! Fuck you, Levi! I fell for that stupid lie... those fucking idiots I call friends!" I yelled, blood splattering everywhere. The pain was unbearable, and my left half of me felt completely numb. The blade didn't overcome the pain in my heart, though. Tears spilled as it mixture with the crimson liquid I was letting out. "I'm stuck of this stupid pregnant mess because of HIM! I keep falling for him and his little plot! The fucking—"

"(Y/N)! Stop it!" Eren yelled trying to pull the knife away.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, losing control as my head started to spin and I wanted to collapse. In the corner of my eye, I saw him open a drawer and take out a pocket knife. He brought it up to his neck.

"I swear I'll kill myself if you don't stop cutting!" He shouted, the blades tip touching his skin. I stopped, looking down at my arm again. It was a huge, crimson mess, like ink spilled from a broken pen. The gushing wouldn't stop, and I wanted to puke. My hair was everywhere, my legs were shaking. Good, I thought. I'm dying. I brought my hands to my face, covering it as I cried. Blood covered my cheeks, but the tears cleaned some away. I hugged Eren, staining his dark blue shirt. He lowered his knife. After we cleaned the room, it didn't look like we even tried to.

The thick, red liquid conquered the bottles. "We'll g-get Levi back, we just need a plan," I managed to say between sobs. Eren stroked my hair.

"Payback," he muttered.