Chapter 1

"Vacation doesn't mean, one has nothing to do, it is meant for one doing something new."

.......................

~~~Vacation~~~

....................

Avneet is sitting on her queen sized bed working on her laptop, hearing some songs through her earphones. She seemed annoyed by something. Suddenly she closed her laptop without even switching it off and made a grumpy face.

"I'm done with these works, I need a break." Groaned Avneet emphasizing the word 'break'. She is now fed up of her daily routine. She needs something new to do.

"Designing is a total fun dear, Why are you getting annoyed?" Asked her Bestie sitting calm and doing her nails. She is Jannat , Avneet's bestie and also her personal assistant in office.

"Says the one who does nothing." Avneet mocked getting irritated by Jannat deeds.

"Com'on mam! It's not our office. Moreover I have nothing to do with your designs. I'll just handle your calls, meetings, clients and documents." Jannat explained waving her hands in the air dramatically. This action of hers made a drop of nail paint fall in Avneet's bedsheet.

"Ugh!" Groaned Avneet again. She is trying to control her anger but it gets elevated in every passing second.

"Chill Avu, I think you need a break." Jannat commented reading out Avneet's expressions.

"That's what I said, you careless idiot." shouted Avneet getting out of the bed.

"Fine, so as a careful P.A, I'll book vacation for both of us." Said Jannat closing the nail polish with it's topper.

"Then who the hell will handle these works?" Avneet being a successful business women, questioned.

"Vacation will be just for a week and you can deal with the client and staffs through video call and emails." Jannat answered. This made Avneet think. She finds that possible. A new hope of adventure fills her empty space.

"In that case, arrange a trip to New York. I have never gone there. I'll convince mom." Avneet replied in a cool tone.

"In that case, I'm also in." Said Jaijeet coming from nowhere. He also said his dialogue mimicking Avneet's tone.

"Eavesdropping is not encouraged Jai." Jannat warned him in a serious tone which he completely ignored.

Jaijeet is Avneet's brother by blood. Jannat also treats him as his brother.
Jaijeet is a fun person but shows attitude to all. He just completed his graduation and searching for a thrilling job. Does it exsists? He neither wants to join Avneet's business nor his dad's business.

"I can't take you. You have a lot of responsibilities here to complete." Avneet said being a strict sister.

"Please! I promise I'll find a job as soon as I return." He pleaded.

Avneet and Jannat looked at each other without satisfaction. Both of them knew he is not going to keep his words but being a sister their heart melted.

"I'll talk to mom." Said Avneet. Both Jannat and Avneet was quickly engulfed in a hug by Jaijeet.

"You both are best." He said giggling like a kid to which Avneet and Jannat smiled at him.

Avneet descended the stairs along with Jannat and Jaijeet. Their eyes landed on Mrs. Sonia , who was preparing dinner in the kitchen.

"Go!" Avneet said trying to push Jaijeet but he didn't budge to move.

"You must take me on vacation as per the deal. I won't interfere." Jaijeet said to which Jannat laughed at Avneet.

Avneet walked inside the kitchen after muttering a 'go to hell.' while the other two were standing behind the door, eavesdropping.

She went and hugged her mom from behind. Her mom smiled at her and asked, " Are you hungry, dear?"

Avneet shook her head in denial and her mom turned facing her.
"Then what? Carving for something? Want to try cooking something new?"

"No mom! I'm tired of all these works. Planned to go on a vacation." Avneet said making a pout.

"Fine! I never denied you." Mrs. Sonia said casually.

"I know you won't deny but the problem is I'm taking Jannat and Jaijeet with me." She said pleading with her face expressions.

"I'm fine with Jannat but not Jaijeet. You will take a bodyguard along with you too." Mrs. Sonia ordered.

"Mom please, I'm not taking any bodyguard this time and Jaijeet promised me that he will find a job quickly after we return."

"And you believe him?" Her mom questioned in disbelief and She turned back to work without replying.

Avneet stood there not knowing how to convince her mom. Mrs. Sonia turned after a while and looked at her daughter standing with a sad face. She sighed and muttered, "Fine, I agree. I'll convince your dad."

Hearing that Avneet jumped in excitement. The joyful figures of Jannat and Jaijeet also entered the kitchen and hugged Mrs. Sonia.

"Mom! Thank you, I love you." Said Jaijeet jumping in excitement.

"Don't get so excited, I thought of cancelling the bodyguard's wage and moreover don't forget your promise." Mrs. Sonia said the last line strictly to which Jaijeet nodded.

"Jannat, take care of these two grown children. I know only you are sensible and can't believe them." She said looking at Jannat.

"Sure Mom! " Replied Jannat with a grin.

"Mom, stop buttering her." Said Jaijeet and received a knock on his head by his mother. He winced in pain whereas Jannat and Avneet laughed at his state.

Three of them had a quality time together and the night went peaceful.