Chapter 26

"Every night ends with a day and every day has evenings. Nothing is left bright."

.........................................

~~~A night~~~

........................................

Siddharth was standing in the balcony looking at the stars which twinkle brightly under the  full moon. Today he was not thinking about him or his life. He was thinking about Avneet. He wants to apologize to her. He believed that she will come. Like every day, tonight also he expected her presence.

Time went on and his hope started to fall. The time passed twelve but there were no trace of her presence. His faith started to shatter.

' why will she come? I never appreciated her presence, right? Moreover I ignored her all the while. Now why I'm expecting her?' he thought.

The little hope and his happiness faded away in the eerie of darkness.
His thoughts of messed life again overtook him making him feel insecure again.

He didn't want to go to his room. The insecure feeling was more for him to stand now. He slept uncomfortably, sitting on the hanging chair.

............................

'Should I go? But I'm no one to ask him about his personal matters. But.... But Jai? Yeah, Jai is his friend, right? He can ask.'

Avneet got up from her bed and went out. She had to descend the stairs to reach Jai's room, which she did.  She knocked the door of Jaijeet's room.
As there was no response from Jaijeet, she started to hit the door harder.

After few minutes, the sleepy figure of Jaijeet appeared in front of Avneet opening the door. "Hey Avu, what happened? You okay?" Jaijeet asked in concern. Late night appearance of Avneet made him feel weird.

"Hush! Speak softly, everyone else is sleeping." Avneet said while getting inside the room.

"But what happened to you? Why are you awake at this time?" Jaijeet asked for clarifying things.

" I came to ask you something." Avneet informed in nervous tone, fiddling with her fingers. Jaijeet left out a yawn and rested his head in the wall near. "Hey listen!" Avneet shouted, shaking Jaijeet vigorously.

"Jeez girl! Why you always have enmity with my sleep? Are you a vampire?" Jaijeet asked again yawning.

"I would have drank your blood by now if I was an vampire, listen to me idiot!" Avneet yelled in frustration.

"Okay tell me what you want to ask me in this late night." Jaijeet asked dramatically, emphasizing the word 'late night'.

Avneet's expression again changed nervous. "Umm... I...I want to ask about Siddharth." She said stammering.

"Siddharth? But why? What?" Jaijeet asked getting confused.

"Siddharth is Vibha Aunty's son, right? Then why he is always alone? Why nobody talks freely with him? You are his friend, right? You must be knowing about this. Tell me what's happening here?" Avneet questioned in a single breath. Jaijeet stood there looking at Avneet without any expressions. Avneet who was getting annoyed by his behavior; shouted, " Are you even listening?"

As a reflex Jaijeet shut Avneet's mouth with his palm. "Relax girl! Not only we are here. There are other members too." He stared and took his hand back. "Look! I agree he is behaving weird but I don't know anything about him. I just befriend him before few days. How will I know? Infact his sister also doesn't know about that." Jaijeet replied.

"Even Reem doesn't know?" Avneet asked in shock to which Jaijeet nodded. Avneet composed herself in the next couple of seconds and continued, " Okay fine but you are his friend, right? You can ask him. You can atleast give a try."

Jaijeet stood confused, trying to figure out the reason of his sister's behavior. Before he could process things, Avneet dragged him out of his room and in few seconds, they reached Siddharth's room.

...............................

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions

Flaws?

Will Siddharth get to see Avneet this night?

Will Avneet get to know about Siddharth's secret?

Will Jai ask Siddharth about him?

Stay tuned for interesting answers

Do vote and comment 🥺

Yours Author
Ridhwana…