Chapter 23

" You created the confusion! Not on you but on me."

................................

~~~Confusion~~~

...............................

The moon of night made its way on the dark sky. Avneet's room is dark without lights except the rays of moonlight penetrating from the window.

Avneet was wide awake. She was thinking about Mrs. Vibha's words.

He changed a lot in the past two years.

Once he gets comfortable with you, he will say everything himself.

Its his secret.

She sighed and got up from her bed. She opened the window and felt the calm breeze on her face. She was zoned out until she felt a two arms pressing her from back. She gasped in the sudden action but composed herself soon.

The one who hugged her from back was none other than her friend, Jannat. "Hey! What's running in your mind?" Jannat asked in a soothing voice. Avneet nodded her head in nothing. "You can't hide anything from me. You know that!" Jannat said making Avneet face her.

"Jaan! I'm just confused." Avneet confessed seeing at nothing particular.

"What happened? Is anything bothering you? Any office issues?" Jannat asked in concern. She is worried seeing her bestie zoning out.
"Morning also you was trying to say me something, right?"

"Siddharth." Avneet said which almost came out as a whisper.

"Siddharth?" Jannat asked for which Avneet nodded. "What happened to him? Did he say something?" Jannat tried to clear her doubts.

"He is not saying anything. That's the problem, Jaan. You know what? Siddharth belongs to this family. He is the second owner of Vibha tourism but he is working there as a tourist guide. Today morning, I found a photo album here. In those photos, Sid was happy with his family but now we never see them all together. Mrs. Vibha said that he has a secret but she didn't reveal anything. I want to ask Siddharth about this but he didn't even consider me as his friend." Avneet went on babbling with words that came to her mind.

"Avneet, Avneet, Avneet! Ssh calm down." Jannat tried to stop her and caught hold of both her arms tightly more like assuring. Avneet stopped blabbering and fixed her gaze in Jannat's eyes. "Avu, you are getting worried unnecessarily. It's his life. Everyone will have secrets in their life. Even we have." Jannat stated and Avneet gaze feel on the floor. She was processing what Jannat said. "Tell me one thing. Why are you worrying about him so much?" Jannat asked.

"I don't know." Avneet muttered.

"Do you love him?" Jannat asked. Avneet lifted her head in a snap and looked at Jannat with wide eyes.

"What? No! I just want to help him." Avneet said stammering. Her eyelashes were battling in order to compact herself.

"Okay, okay! Relax." Jannat said making her to sit in the bed.

A pair of eyes is witnessing the whole seen from a distance.

...........................

The cold breeze was hitting the body of Siddharth making his hand to tremble. He rubbed both of his hands in order to create heat.

His eyes became heavy. He wanted to sleep but he was controlling himself from sleeping. He is waiting for Avneet. He wanted to meet her. He was carving to see her and ask sorry.

Though she comes inside his room without his permission, he liked her presence around him. Today she is not here and he felt lost.

He moved out of the balcony and reached his room. A sudden feel of discomfort and insecurity spread inside him.

He pushed the papers and books laying on his bed and made a place for him to sleep. He placed his back in the bed and covered his whole body under a duvet. He closed his eyes tightly not wanted to feel the surroundings. He cried silently.

............................

Yahoooooo! Finally target completed. So long it took. No target for today but don't avoid voting and commenting.

How was the chapter?

Why Avneet is getting so worried on Siddharth?

Who is seeing the encounter of Avneet and Jannat?

Why Siddharth wants to meet Avneet?

Stay tuned for interesting answers.

Yours Author
Ridhwana…