Chapter 12

"Fear never ends untill you try to overcome it by yourself."

......................

~~~What to do?~~~

..................

"You will never learn to behave, will you?" Jannat asked.

"It's you. You just scared me." Jaijeet said in annoyance.

"You must thank me. What will you do if it was someone else?" Jannat asked, folding her arms in displeasure.

Jaijeet rolled his eyes and turned back to the kitchen for eavesdropping again. Jannat twisted his ears and when he was about to scream, she shut his mouth with her palm.

"Will you stop embarrassing us? This is not your home. You can't eavesdrop like this wherever you want." Jannat warned in a dangerous tone. This behavior of Jai shouldn't be continued according to her.

Suddenly Jai's phone rang and Jai peeked into it to see the caller id. His eyes widen in fear. "Oh man, gone!" He shouted and looked at Jannat. Jannat had no reaction but a smile. "May I know why on earth are you smiling?" He asked, annoyance dripping off his tone.

"Cause I know it's gonna come. They already called in Avneet's phone but we didn't attend as the real culprit was missing." Jannat replied in a calm voice making Jai go crazy. Even though she tried to be calm, deep inside she was also dying in fear.

"It's not my fault, how would I know what's coming up?" Jaijeet managed to say while being dragged by Jannat to the room.

"Welcome back, my dear brother." Avneet greeted in an extra sweet tone. This tone was really scary for him as she never uses such tones without any reason.

Before Jai could deal with his sister's sarcasm, Mrs. Vibha appeared at the room's door. Avneet greeted her with a smile saying, "Yes Aunty! All okay?"

"Yes dear, but not for your mom. Why aren't you picking her calls. She is worried." Mrs. Vibha asked.

"Aunty, to be honest, we don't have the guts to face her." Avneet said, making a pout. Mrs. Vibha tried hard not to laugh at her.

"We will be filled with tantrums today. I'm hella scared!" Jannat said, jumping on her place.

"And Aunty, these two are gonna rat me out. How could I know about this 'lockdown' and all?" He asked, insisting the word 'lockdown' in a dramatic way. Mrs. Vibha burst out laughing.

"Here! You mom will answer all of you. She is in speaker." Mrs. Vibha said, extending her phone.

"What the hell!" The trio said in unison.

"Language!" Shouted Sonia, out of the phone. "You people have no responsibility towards your parents, right? We are trying to call you, the whole two days and you are ignoring those? Do you even have any idea, how worried we were? Com'on speak up." Mrs. Sonia yelled.

The trio pleaded Mrs. Vibha through eyes to save them and Vibha chuckled silently.

"Leave it Sonia, it was an accident. They didn't did it on purpose." Mrs. Vibha said, trying to pacify Sonia but all went in vain.

"Whatever Vibha! You don't know about them. They are completely irresponsible. I'm not gonna talk to them. Just take care of the three idiots and don't hesitate to throw them out of the house, if they trouble you." Sonia said and hung up the phone.

The trio were standing with a sad face. The taunt they got didn't affect them but they were sad that their mom was so hurt and their dad didn't even talk to them.

They felt bad and Mrs. Vibha understood them. "Leave it, she will be okay soon." Vibha said and the all three nodded but no one was satisfied.

.........................

"I'm good for nothing." Cried a man, looking at the newspaper.

His tears hit the pages and he wiped off his tears. He threw the newspaper away and it landed under a table.

.......................

Holla dear readers! Tell me how was the chapter.

Encourage me with your votes and comments.

Tell me your opinion in the story.

Who is the man crying?

What made him cry?

How will Sonia get convinced?

Keep guessing.

Yours Author
Ridhwana...