Chapter 7

Dear friends, take a look at my announcement board and vote for me in rose awards. I need your support.

"The hardest times turn to be the best moments of your life."

..................................

~~~Lockdown~~~

..................................

"Sorry sir, you can't go there." The receptionist said, placing the handset back in the landline phone.

"But their parents are worried, they are not attending anyone's call." The driver insisted, proving himself right.

"We can't help sir. They are not attending the room's landline too." The receptionist said.

"Tomorrow is lockdown, won't you inform your guests?" The driver asked.

"We can't inform to each and every one sir. They might have watched news." The receptionist replied.

The driver sighed in defeat and called his boss, Abhishek.

......................

"What about doing something interesting? I'm bored without my phone." Avneet finally admitted.

"So Finally, The successful business women lost in front of her-" Jaijeet was cut off by Avneet.

"I didn't quit. I said I'm bored. No where you have mentioned we can't tell that." Avneet said and got up from the bed.

"What about dance?" Jannat asked, looking at Avneet.

Jannat and Avneet are dance partners from college times but dance is not Jaijeet's cup of tea. Never!

"Done! Alexa play-" This time Jaijeet cut Avneet.

"No electronic device except light and fan sister." He said in a extra sweet tone, sarcasm dripping out in his tone.

"So let Avu sing." Jannat commented and Avneet winked.

Avneet is a great singer but only her close ones knows that as she didn't show it to the outer world. Why? She never shared.

................

"Mom, don't take tension. They aren't kids. They can take care of themselves." Vaishnavi said looking at her mother in law, Mrs. Vibha.

"Yes mom, they must be busy among themselves." Added Abhishek, inorder to console his worried mother.

"Enough of your sense talks, tomorrow is lockdown. If they didn't catch the flight today, where will they go tomorrow?" Asked Vibha getting worried.

Mrs. Vibha is a kind hearted person. She cares for all. She still didn't have met the trio. She is the close friend of Mrs. Sonia and care about her children like hers.

"Mom, Are you worried for this? Let's make it simple. Let them stay with us until the lockdown gets over. I'll send the driver to pick them up." Abhishek suggested and Vibha smiled.

"Okay then, I'll call Sonia and inform her." Vibha said in excitement to which they both nodded.

........................

"Oh shit! I don't know what to do? Why is this Jai not answering my messages? He is not even answering my calls. Is he purposely avoiding me? Do they know from tomorrow lockdown starts? What if they don't know? I don't want to mess up everything again." Sid was blabbering throughout the journey. He went to the Classic resort to check on the trio but he was allowed to move further.

The whole New York City was busy. Everyone were at their last day of daily routine. Company employees were engrossed in their works; Students were enjoying inside the heart; Lovers were consoling each other, whereas some people were tensed about their upcoming life.

Treats of the spreading coronavirus  and awakening program of staying inside the home were on full swing. In such a situation, informing the trio about the lockdown and arranging a place for them was a challenging difficult task of Siddharth.

Inorder to keep his name in Vibha tourism as a good employee, he doesn't want a complaint against him in any way. He arranged a flat for the trio with the help of his close friend, Faizal Sheik.

He is now rushing to Classic resort as it's time to close it. He want to take Avneet, Jaijeet and Jannat along with him to his reserved flat.

.....................

Knock... Knock.... Knock.....

The resort room was knocked by a person in uniform. He is the host of Classic resort and was allotted with the task of clearing the rooms before 12 a.m.

The door was opened, it revealed a tall boy with camera in his hand.

"I know we are not dealing with outer world today but what could I do? Here came a attendent of Classic resort to meet us." Jaijeet said still looking at the camera.

He then saw the host who was giving his a look of disbelief, disgust and confusion. He paused the video and asked, "Why you have to disturb us? I have hung a 'do not disturb' board."

The host was stunned by his question. Who wouldn't be? Whole City is depressed due to the sudden lockdown but here there is a person who doesn't know what's going on around him.

"Sir, I came to inform you that it's time to leave the resort." The host said in a humble tone with a smile but Jaijeet was attacked by a sudden shock. The host's smile was like fuel on fire.

"Hello Mr, listen! I have paid for this resort for complete seven days. It's just fourth day." Jaijeet yelled.

Disturbed by the sound, Jannat came out. "Excuse me. What's going on?" She asked, looking at the waiter.

"Mam due to lockdown, we have to close the resort by twelve. We have no time mam, I'm allotted to clear the guests." He replied.

"What?" Jannat yelled and went inside. She grabbed her phone and checked the recent news. Avneet joined her. The new news of lockdown was no less than a hearth attack to both of them.

...................

Cliffhanger....

Tell me your view in the chapter.

What will the trio do now?

Will Sid take them to the rented house?

Will the driver take them to Mrs. Vibha's house?

Stay tuned for answers.

Do vote and comment and share.

Yours Author
Ridhwana...