Chapter 29

"The world's biggest and horrible illusion is fear."

.................................

~~~Back? 2~~~

..................................

"Mmm... Actually we know him quite well, so I thought to take him along." Avneet stammered getting nervous by the growing smirk of Jannat, whereas Abhishek had no clue about it. "I mean in Covid-19 period we should avoid people, right? So let's go with Siddharth."

"Siddharth?" Abhishek asked mostly in whisper to clarify the words coming from Avneet's mouth, as the friendship bond of them was undiscovered by him.

"Yes bhai, Siddharth!" Jannat said emphasizing the word 'Siddharth' more than needed. Ofcouse her this behavior was to annoy her bestie cum boss, Avneet and it reached the success. Avneet rolled her eyes getting annoyed by her bestie's act which was no less than an enemy's.

Jannat thought that Abhishek would get a pinch of hint about the unrevealed or avoided feeling between Siddharth and Avneet, through this banter but in real Abhishek was drown in his own feelings to even notice the presence of that banter. His world literally stopped spinning when his ears were pleasured with his brother's name.

On the other hand, Siddharth who was eavesdropping had enough of it. He doesn't want his newly discovered friend, Jaijeet to leave. He doesn't want Avneet to leave, though he had no name for his relation with her. He named it as friendship ignoring his sub conscious mind which mocked him saying, he never treated her as his friend.

Siddharth moved from there are headed towards his room, his head tilted low carrying a frown. He didn't cared about his surroundings, he was going towards his room when a strong yet soft hand caught his.

He snapped his head towards the hand holding him and then to the face of the person the hand belonged to.

His mother, Mrs. Vibha!

He tried to pass a warm smile to her but it turned as a sad smile which his mother felt genuine.

"Say it to them directly, if you don't want them to leave." Mrs. Vibha said making Siddharth widen his eye. 'Was it too obvious? No! It shouldn't' he thought to himself.

"No mom, I don't care. They have to leave one or the other day." He said while looking at his hand which was now under the grip of his mother. He wanted to accept the fact they are leaving and he doesn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Mrs. Vibha held Siddharth's head and cupped his cheeks. "Don't even try to lie, you are not good at it. Moreover I'm your mother, I know you want them to stay." Mrs. Vibha cooed soothingly.

Siddharth sighed in defeat. He knows he can't lie to his mother but here he is trying to lie himself. "No mom! Even if I want them to stay, I can't stop them. I am nothing to them. I have no rights to interfere in their lives." Siddharth said in dejection.

" Who said that? Though not a lot but still you have a special place in them. Jaijeet is your friend, he loves you; Jannat and Avneet, they care for you dearly."

"She cares?" Siddharth asked getting delighted. How much he tried to hide the importance he gave her in his life, he always fails in certain point. His heart was spoken out through his eyes which were glittering in hope.

Mrs. Vibha nodded her head seeing the different side of her son and ofcourse noticing the 'she'

.........................

Getting bored by the tiring routine, Reem decided to help Vaishnavi in the kitchen. She peeped into the kitchen but found no one there, instead there was sandwich stuffings placed in a bowl.

She planned to stuff those stuffings in the bread and complete the work of Sandwich by herself. When she was about to engage herself in the work, she heard footsteps approaching towards her.

She left the work and turned to the entrance of the kitchen and noticed Jaijeet coming towards her with the same monkey grin. She maintained her lips in a straight line mentally alerting herself not to smile at him.

She turned and took the breads in her hand but Jaijeet snatched the bread from her.

"What the hell Jai? Everybody needs to eat. It's not only for you." Reem blast out. It was not that she couldn't control, it's just she loved showing attitude towards Jaijeet and making him scared. She considers it as fun but by now Jai started to learn to control her.

"When I'm there, why should my best friend work? I'll do that for her." Jaijeet said as he started to stuff.

"Isn't it too cheesy?" Reem asked while making herself comfortable on the kitchen slab. Jaijeet snapped his reded face towards Reem. He smiled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. He doesn't want to show his flirting so obvious.

Reem bit her inner cheek not to laugh at his cute antics. She made sure her face had an annoying expression. "What? Why are you acting weird? I said about the stuffing. Isn't it too cheesy?" She cleared. Jaijeet turned more red due to embarrassment and Reem burst out laughing.

"What was going on here?" Vaishnavi asked as she entered into the kitchen with a charming smile.

"Nothing, just embarrassing him." Reem replied and again continued laughing.

"However, we will miss all of them!" Vaishnavi mumbled but her voice was audible for the other two. They frowned in confusion. "You three will be leaving to India in two days. Abhishek just informed me at morning, he is talking with your sisters." She completed.

The smile on Reem's face faded at the thought of losing someone special but she hid it behind a fake smile. Jaijeet on the other hand had no expressions. A lot of confusions were going on in his mind.

According to him, his feelings were one sided and nobody believes him as he was never serious on anything. He is excited to meet his parents but still he felt broken, he felt lost.

"Congrats, finally back to your place." Reem said halfheartedly, filling her reaction with a fake smile. Jaijeet stared at her with a blank face.

.........................

Tell me how was it guys?

Any favorite part?

Will Reem understand Jaijeet?

Will she express her feelings?

What about Siddharth?

Stay tuned....

Yours Author
Ridhwana...