Chapter 2

"Don't worry, Rosé, listen to me, things will be fine, I know you want to take care of her like you always do,"  I heavily sigh.

We grew up together, and I grew up taking care of her and loving her. But Jennie doesn't know a lot of things about me. I'm a mysterious person, and I'm still not ready to tell her everything. 

When I say we grew up together, it means we've been schoolmates since grade school.

I entered the room and saw the woman who broke my heart ten years ago smiling at me full of love—the love I always wanted to get from her when I asked her to fix our relationship.

"Love," She giggled but suddenly stopped as she recognizes the change in me. I froze as I feel disgusted with the word coming out of her mouth, but It makes me happy to see her okay.

"Hi," I shyly smiled. After eight years, this is the first time I'm seeing her again. She changed a lot. I also changed a lot. I'm hot but I look like garbage because I wear and use the cheap stuff.

"She's stunning," 

"You're horny," 

"Disgusting,"  I chuckled with this craziness.

"What's wrong, love? anyway, you look hot; you grew up a lot," Jennie raised her eyebrow at me, like the old times.

Love? Haha.

-------

Flashback

"love," I said while holding her hands outside her house.

"don't call me that," Jennie pulled her hands away.

"But I love you, and I always will," I cried.

"Shut up, Chae! I already told you that I don't love you anymore, please, just disappear in my life, don't make it difficult for me, because I'm so tired of your bullshit," Jennie coldly said as she walks out, leaving me kneeling in front of her.

end of flashback

------

I coldly smiled as memories are fucking me, 

"Rosé, she doesn't need you, stop letting her use you again," 

 "Please, I hate to see you being stupid again," I sighed. 

"Please help me,"

"your decision, Rosé, She's still your friend, and you moved on already, right?" I nodded and faced Jennie, who is curiously looking at me.

"You're spacing out, love," Jennie chuckled. 

If this is a dream, please wake me up now because no matter how I tried before, she kept rejecting me, she kept telling me that she doesn't love me anymore and will never love me again. I'm so afraid but I can't deny the fact that I also want this because I'm so kind and I hate being kind.

"You're so lucky," I said; you are so lucky, Jennie because you don't remember all those horrible things you've done to me. She looked at me confusingly.

"Because you are alive," I lied.

"Love, I'm glad that Mom finally agrees to our relationship; I'm always afraid that she will break us apart; it's been long years. Aren't we still married?" Jennie is happy with all the lies that her Mom just told her. I can't do this; I don't lie.

She told me that she knows that she lost her memory and she was glad that she didn't forget me. I space out as she tells me how she loves me and promises me that she will never leave me or make me worry again.

You left me, Jennie. You broke me.

"Did I pressure you about marriage? don't you want to marry me?" Jennie innocently said.

"J, I'm sorry. I can't do this." I said as she creates her confused look.

"Jennie, we are not together anymore; we broke up," I softly told her as I caress her face. I saw tears forming in her eyes, "please don't cry; it made us both better, don't worry, I will stay and take care of you until you recovered," I smiled.

"You got to be kidding me, Love," she scoffs. "I will never let that happen,"

I only smiled at her massaging her temple "don't overthink it, Jen,"

"I will never break up with you chae, and you know that I'm so in love with you to hurt you. So, It's you, right? tell me, Why did you break up with me?" She told me as she feels hurt in her head. 

I wrapped my arms around her. I want to say to her that she left me, but It seems like it will cause her head to hurt.

Maybe some other time. "I'm sorry, J, I did my best," that is what I can only tell her. 

I painfully smile as everything went silent.

I'm taking the blame again, like before. I took all the blame. I'm always the villain in our love story but the truth is she made me the villain. I love her so much that I let everyone look at me badly after break up because I hate the fact that Jennie is crying because other people look at her as a bad person. I'm that stupid.

with Jennie, I'm always the bad person.

Rosie, Don't let your guard down.

"I know," I said to myself, "I don't love her anymore,"

"Since when?" Jennie said. I can see the cat look that I always feared when she's mad. But that is the old me. I don't worry about it anymore.

"Shhh, that's enough for today, J" I hugged her and kissed her temple. Feeling her soft skin and kissing her temple brings me a lot of memory. My chest is feeling the heaviness again as my heartbeat is so fast.

As Jennie fell asleep in my arms, I took the chance to sneak out of the room and saw fuming Mrs. Kim waiting for me outside.

"Rosé, why did you tell Jennie that? do you know how stupid it is?!" Ms. Kim shouted at me.

"Mrs. Kim, I lied to you once, and I hated myself for long years because of that. And for fuck sake, why do you want me now for your daughter," I smirked.

"I still don't like you for Jennie because you're trash and still trash, but this is Jennie; the doctor said that It is for her own good! I have no choice, and I can't let get things go south! She's my only daughter." Mrs. Kim said. 

"I know, Jennie still has a place in your heart, just please help her until she regains her memory; I will pay you; I heard you only work at home and don't receive much."

"Don't pursue her again, Chae, you know that when she remembers she will leave you because she will realize that she doesn't love you anymore, I will pay you. But please don't take her away from us again," 

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kim; I will help Jennie. Help her remember slowly how she broke me, how she destroyed my life. But still, I'll be good to her as I always do. After all, It's been years, and I've moved on," I smiled and walked away and visit my favorite person.