Chapter 8

Before I entered Jennie's room, Mrs. Kim said something.

"Remember, even if she is already 28 years old, I still hold Jennie's savings. She chose wealth over you, and people around her made her fall out of love with you; I know she will never choose you; I can't wait for that day to happen," Mrs. Kim confidently said.

"Babe, sorry for keeping you waiting, we just talked about your release tomorrow," I hugged Jennie and whispered,

"Do you want to live with me, Jen? while you are recovering"

"We still have class, Chae,"

"Jen, you are already 28 years old, don't forget that, you can do whatever you want now, you can choose your own life," I sigh,

"I'm sorry, I keep forgetting, and yes, I will live with you," Jennie smiled and kissed me.

It is minutes until I realized what I have just said. I can't leave Aunt Faye's apartment, and she will look for me. But then my thoughts are distracted by the brunette calling me.

"Love, my friends, are coming later," Jennie smiled at me while opening her arms, asking for me to claim her.

I hugged her and hummed; I kissed many people when she broke me, but why Jennie's different, she makes me feel vulnerable, and it hurts me.

She looked at me and kissed me again. "Say something, Love," how can I tell her that her friends are also one of the reasons why we broke up. They don't like me and treated me like how Mrs. Kim treated me before. 

They even almost report me to the police as a stalker, but Jennie asked them not to report me because I will surely stop bothering her.

Remembering all of those horrible things makes me feel cold and crazily mad. I felt the heaviness in my chest while the person who looked at me with all pity is smiling at me.

"Okay," I smiled as my phone started to ring. 

I went out of the room without saying anything to Jennie. Because that's me, It's been years, and I can't force myself to become sweet to her when something triggered me. 

They asked me for a favor, so, then deal with me.

"Chae," the woman giggled on the other phone.

"What again, Soo" I rolled my eyes.

"You need to sign some more papers for JCorp later so they can start the project," Jisoo said, and I went silent. "Are you okay, Chae?"

"Why does it feel so real? Can you forget unloving someone? And They are coming here, and I will see those faces again," I silently sob.

"Chae, you have all the power, don't let them get into you again," Jisoo said.

"Yeah bitch," I said,

"I know, I think you are experiencing the trauma because you never faced it, but you need to be strong because all of this is temporary,"

"Okay, I need to go back; I'll sign those papers later," I said, walking back to Jennie's room.

"Oh, I smell something wrong," A woman said, sitting with two more.

"I didn't recognize you, and your faces are full of white powder. Do you know art? Cause your color combinations don't match up," I smirked, and I saw them clenching their jaws.

"At least we are wealthy, and these powders and color cost 1000× expensive than your clothes," Joy Mocked.

"Yeah, you win," I laughed.

"I just got the job in PCY Group; I will treat you all when Jennie's out here," Yeri said.

Well, I'm the one who hired you. Yeri is my friend before, she is my inside source about Jennie, but we lose our connection because she chose to believe her friends more than me. But still, she's a good person, and I don't hold a grudge. But sometimes, I'm an arrogant bitch.