Chapter 22

Chaeyoung POV

Present time

They are fighting over money again, shouting, throwing plates and glasses.

My sister Alice is sleeping in my Aunt's house, and so she can never witness all of this.

My heart is beating so fast, and I saw my Mom being punched by my Dad.

And I woke up.

Jennie.

Every time I feel bad before, I always find myself mentioning Jennie's name in my head. After eight years of trying not to get her to involve in my life again, it is the first time, looking for her again.

"My Rosie," I saw Hyun looking at me with all worry.

"I love you," I cried, "I love you so much, Hyun. Please don't leave me,"

----------

Hyun POV

Chaeyoung has her nightmare again. The last time was eight years ago.

"I love you," She cried, "I love you so much, Hyun. Please don't leave me,"

I sat down and wrapped my arms around her because this is not normal.

"I love you more, My Rosie. Promise, I will never leave you," I assured her while wiping her tears.

"Please, don't break your promise, Hyun. I don't know what to do if I lost you too," She sobbed. "You are the only one I have; please, stay with me,"

"You have me, June and Dad plus Lisa and Jisoo, My Rosie. You have us, and we will never leave you," I kissed her forehead, and she finally smiled.

"I will do everything not to lose you, Hyun," she's back again; her insecure side is back again.

But she is good at controlling herself, but she is so vulnerable when she is in front of us. I hope her inner voice, chi helps her.

"Jennie took everything away from me," She started again. "I want to hate her, but when I see her, all the pain and hate disappear, she still has that effect on me, and it terrifies me,"

 I know, My Rosie.

"Because you are so kind, My Rosie. You can't hold a grudge, remember?" I smiled.

"She made me promise, Hyun. And not fulfilling that Promises are killing me," she punched her chest. "I dreamt of my parents again, and I never opened up to anyone before, not until Jennie made me open up to her, she forced me, so every time I dreamt about my parents she's the first person comes out to my head, I just can't believe that my subconscious mind is still looking for her," she choked, "And now, I have no choice but to feel this pain that I can't do anything because she's not here, my best friend who promised me that will always be by my side when I'm having this problem is not here,"

"I'm sorry, Hyun," she added, which I get it. She will never remove Jennie from her system, especially when it is sensitive.

I know that she still loves Jennie because she occasionally talks about her ex, but most of it is not so good things that chaeyoung did for Jennie. If she really loves me fully, her heart will be complete without seeking her best friend, but I understand that Jennie became her world once upon a time.

 And Rosie is not an open book, she is a very mysterious person, and she's an enigma, a mystery that you want to solve. And it is her pride. Jennie made her open up a little, but knowing Rosie, she is so guarded; she has this big trust issue, and she's not ready to introduce herself fully.

Jennie pushed Rosie to be dependent on her, and her mistake is she left Rosie without making her understand why; she just left without warning. And she hurts her non-stop for almost two years. I saw it because since Rosie tried to kill herself on that beach, I never left her, even when she is still super stupid with Jennie. I also tried to reach out to Jennie, but we can't. 

But I'm glad that Rosie trying to be an open book to me; she even told us her biggest secret. She also told me about her being touched when she's young. And now, All that matters to Rosie is she is loved, and she loves, she cares and taken care of. I never pushed Rosie to do things for me, and I always wait for her to be ready to open up. I don't want her to be destroyed again because I pushed her.

Do you get my point?

I believe her when she tells me that she loves me because I can see that she is giving me everything to me; she's trying to be open to me, which she never did to Jennie. We are like married people already. The only problem is Jennie still loves her, and she still loves Jennie and June is Jennie's biological daughter.

I'm also trying not to fall deeply because I still doubt that she will choose me. I love her so much, but I need to draw a line even if we are already engaged. I don't want their toxic relationship before, but people change. I believe Jennie got her lesson, and I want My Rosie to be happy.

I can make her happy, but not as happy when she's with Jennie.

"You, Dad and June, Lisa and Jisoo are my life; I'm so glad you came into my life," I said.

I think I should call her psychiatrist again. 

"Don't," Rosie said, "Don't call the psychiatrist," She's reading my mind now?

"I woke up emotional; it's normal. I'll be okay," She pressed her lips to mine. "I love you, Hyun,"

"I love you too," I said.

"Then fulfill that promise to us," I said. 

"I will, and I can't leave you," Rosie smiled.

"I'm afraid that you will get sick again," I touched her forehead because every time she feels bad, sad, or when she's having a nightmare she is getting sick.

"No, not gonna happen," she kissed my lips. "Please don't doubt my love for you, because I really do love you, my Hyun,"

"You are the best Hyun; I'm so so so lucky that you love me, please don't give me to anyone," She pouted; how can I not fall deeply with this woman. She is so perfect for me, and she is so beautiful with those scar inside her. I want to become selfish for once. I also want to fight for her, and I will do what Jennie failed to do.

"I won't. You're mine," I said and kissed her passionately.

"I'm yours," She pushed me and go on top of me, "You're mine," she trailed her hand and kissed my neck.

"I want you," Rosie said.

"Then take me," I finally said. I'm sorry, Jennie.