Chapter 32

Chaeyoung's POV

For years that I'm away. I felt nothing but pain. Scar from Jennie's mistake is still not fully recovered those times because I can't accept what she did, and I'm still in the denial stage. And suddenly Hyun Died. The scars doubled, and I almost lose hope. But Hyun, she knows how to handle me. Hyun knows how to feed my mind before leaving me. She left me with all of those words for me not to give up, not to let Pain and hate take over me.

Every time I'm slipping away, I hear Hyun's voice that's making me get back on track. She was my angel and now my guardian angel.

And Jennie is also a big factor for me not to do something stupid. Of course, since we were young, she can make me do things. I thought of her first before doing something not good. So, even if I went away, she never fails to send me messages because she misses me or she is worried about me. It makes me happy, but I can't just depend on her.

I became cold because June is right! I went to stay in a place where it is freezing. And I can't smile because of the coldness also.

So, facing Jennie made her panic even more and also seeing me in the Chairman's office and knowing that no one is allowed to come inside.

"Don't tell me," She nervously said.

"that you are the PCY's Chairman?" Jennie said as her Bag fell on the floor.

I stood up and picked up her bag from the floor. "I don't lie," I said.

"Are you?" Jennie repeated.

I am about to tell her when I heard my phone rang, "Jisoo?"

"Gosh, Rosie! Where are you! I've been waiting for you,"

"At PCY.I'm here at Charmain's office with Jennie," I said.

"You need saving?" Jisoo lowered her voice.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Jisoo, I'm about to come to your old office but I stopped by Jennie's office," I said; I don't need to lie, but I also don't need to tell.

"Okay! Come here asap!" Jisoo shouted, and I ended the call.

"I'm sorry J, I need to go," I said and left her dumbfounded.

Another day has passed. And I feel so odd because Jennie hasn't messaged me since the incident yesterday.

I entered my office where I saw Jennie's shadow, and she is already in her office and sitting on her desk.

I'm about to sit down when I suddenly heard a knock on my door.

No one is allowed to enter this area so, I turned my head and didn't see Jennie's shadow on her desk.

"Come in," I plainly said.

I saw Jennie surprised as she looks around my office.

"So, It's my," Jennie stuttered.

"Your design," I said.

"How? I saw a glimpse, and I thought It's just like my designs, but I didn't know that it's really mine.

"You left it at my apartment," I said as she roams around the office.

"My Graduation picture? our old pictures are still here," Jennie covered her mouth.

"Don't worry, I don't really come here. I just decided to," I coldly said.

I saw her hand jitters as she stops roaming around.

"Why did you keep everything about us, Chaeng? Why did you keep all of this and you asked me to go out with you,"

"I don't know, Jennie." I said, and I saw tears forming in the corner of her eyes. "Also, Hyun wants to keep it that way,"

"Can you please sit down, J" I chuckled.

"You smiled," Jennie softly said.

"I did," I smiled widely. "It hurts me seeing you scared of me,"

"Because your surprises scares me," Jennie held my hands. "I hate that, I thought I know everything about you but, no, I don't know you,"

"I'm afraid that I will feel this way. I don't deserve you, Chaeng."

"Why? you deserves the world, Jennie," I subconsciously said.

Are you leaving me too?

I started to panic and felt my feet jitters.

I felt my heart beating so fast that I can't breathe.

"Rosie?" Jennie said as she went to my place and squeezed my hands as she guides me to breathe.

She's leaving me too.

But why, I'm affected this much.

"I love you," I heard a voice in my head.

"Rosie, please follow me, okay?" I nodded as I followed her instruction.

I can't lose you too.

But why?

I started to relax and said, "You're leaving me? You told me that you will wait for me. You told me." I stopped. "Nevermind. You can do whatever you want. What makes you happy, will make me happy too," I walked away a little bit.

"I don't even know you completely, Chaeng. You've been through a lot because of me! I'm your big scar! I just can't pretend that I've caused everything and come back to you," Jennie nervously said.

"No one knows me completely, J. But yeah, sure." I said.

"You don't understand, Chaeng."

"I don't deserve you because I failed to know you well! I don't even know that you are very capable of doing all of this. If I only tried harder,"

"Are you done?" I rolled my eyes. "So, you're backing out on your promise?"

I saw her look down and said, "Even if I told you that I don't deserve you. Even if I didn't try harder. I will never give up on you. Not anymore, because I love you. But if you don't love me anymore. I will still stay, we are best friends, after all," she painfully smiled.

"Jennie, I'm not ready to tell you about this before, even if you try harder. I have my reasons. And I told Hyun about it because I'm ready and they deserve it. You deserve it too, but it's not the right time back then," I sighed, but she only smiled.

I heard Hyun's voice in my head again, "Rosie, Let go,"

"Go out with me, Jennie" I hugged her tightly, and she nodded. "I'm serious about making this work too,"

Hyun, I promised that I would try harder. I will.