chapter 26

- i tried to include lots of eremika cause my heart needs it after 139🥲 (please don't comment spoilers. ty)

"Propose?" Jean raised an eyebrow. "Really?" He softly smiled as Eren lightly blushed, looking away. "Yes." He sighed. "And I just need help."

"Does anyone else know?" Niccolo asked as Eren shook his head. "No. Only Armin." He paused, leaning back in his chair. "Please don't tell any of the girls. You know how they are." He sighed.

Niccolo laughed. "We won't." He nodded.

"So, why are you telling us this?" Jean asked, still not understanding why Eren called him out here.

"I just..." Eren sighed again, clenching his fists together. "I'm so nervous." He breathed out. "I was so confident and now that the time I planned for it to happen is right there I just-" he paused, throwing his head into his hands. "God, she was trying to cuddle me and I was sweating and felt sick. I've never fucking felt like this. It's so frustrating."

"What are you so scared of?" Jean asked.

"What if she's not ready? What if I mess up what I have to say? What if the weather-" "Grow some damn balls." Jean interrupted. "You guys have been together for almost 6 years. Do you really think she'll say no?" Jean crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair.

"No offense, Jean, but you'd definitely be just as nervous." Niccolo laughed as Jean's face grew red. "That's not the point." He looked back over at Eren. "So did you just call us out here to help you not be so nervous?" Jean raised an eyebrow.

Eren's face once again turned red. "Well uh- I just-" he frowned, clenching his fists. "Shut up."

Jean laughed before softly smiling. "You'll do fine, man. There's no need to work yourself up." He leaned forward, reaching out to place a hand on Eren's shoulder.

"I just have this whole plan and..." he paused before reaching into the pocket of his shorts, pulling out a piece of paper that had words written all over it. "And this speech I've been practicing whenever I got the chance but I still feel like it's not good enough."

"Lemme see." Jean grabbed the paper from Eren's hand as Eren quickly went to reach for it but Jean moved back. Niccolo placed his hand in front of Eren so he'd stay in his spot. "We're just trying to help." He smiled.

Jean's eyes skimmed across the paper, examining every word and line that was sloppily written down in pencil. Multiple erase marks visible and important words underlined. Jean smiled as he finished it before looking back up at Eren. "Gonna be honest, I didn't think you had it in ya." He teased as Eren rolled his eyes. "I do stuff like this all the time for her." He frowned. "Just in private."

Jean handed the paper to Niccolo who gladly took it from his hands before reading it. He smiled once he finished, handing it back to Eren. "That's so sweet. She'll definitely love it."

"It doesn't seem corny? I mean it's literally just me saying how much she means to me." Eren sighed, folding the paper back up.

Niccolo and Jean both shook their heads. "Not at all. Girls like this type of stuff." Jean smiled. "It adds more emotion and will show how serious you are about spending your life with her."

"She means everything to me." Eren sighed. "And I only get to do this once and I just want it to be perfect." Eren's face turned a dark red as he spoke. "She's deserves nothing but the best."

"It will be." Niccolo reassured. "Working yourself up won't help. You just need to relax."

"You're right." Eren smiled. "Will you guys help me practice for a bit?" He asked as the two nodded. "Sure thing." Jean smiled.