Red like Rain

"Y/N? Is that you?" Yang Eli gasps in front of me, two steak knives held firm in her hands.

"That is of no concern." I say with as much confidence as I can muster.

I knew her. I knew her a different life, a different identity ago. 

Yang Eli was Seo Ellie when I knew her. She lived across the street from me. She'd play in her front yard and I'd watch from my windows. Sometimes when my parents weren't home or too busy to spare me a glance, I'd trot over and spend time with a girl barely two years older than me.

She had her quirks then. Took an uncanny interest in people and their pain.

"What's wrong Y/N? You look sad. You can tell me." She'd say with an odd smile.

"Oh, nothing." I'd always respond.

"You can tell me anything."

I never did.

"What are you doing here?" Eli- Ellie asks me with a twitchy smile.

"I'm here to end you." I say bluntly.

"That's silly. Come I want to show you something."

She lays her knives on the counter nearest to her and gestured for me to follow. She was walking back to those stairs that led into the basement.

"I've been keeping tabs on you. I think you'll like my little prize."

Once she's down the stairs hums to herself and opens the door revealing, nothing.

"What have you done?!" She screams at me, fists raised.

"What I have to." And with that, I sliced both her legs so she'd fall to the floor and scream.

Not wanting her tortourous screams to be heard as easily by Soojin, I drag Ellie back up to her knife center by her hair.

Ellie flails and screams in pain as I drag her, her blood leaving her legs in two streams behind her.

I throw her into a wooden chair I see in her dining room and use some of her very handy cable ties to bind her hands and feet to the chair.

"Let me go!" Ellie shrieks.

"No. You deserve to feel what you've done to others."

I take the most jagged knife Ellie holds in her arsenal and present it in front of her face. "I hope this hurts."

And with that, I saw off all the fingers on her left hand. I make sure to take my time to make sure so that she feels each fiber and muscle breaking apart in her hands.

The whole time, sobs and screams can be felt reverberating through her home.

Her blood rains down over my hands and face, but I don't stop to wipe it away.

"Let's see what we have next," I whisper, trailing my hand over her face, leaving a wet red mark behind.

I find some very fine needles and gather them.

"These will find a nice home here-" I stab one through one end of her thigh and keep letting it go deeper until it appears through the underside of her thigh. "And here." I do the same to the other thigh.

"You don't deserve to see a world this bright." I say after letting her sit in pain for a few moments.

Then I gouge out her eyes with a gag.

She screeches and I slap her face.

"I- I didn't do anything to you-" She cries out.

"When you hurt Soojin, you hurt me." I spit at her.