Chapter 17: Married Woman.

I closed my eyes shut as the tears roll down.

Do you know that feeling when you can't differentiate between you're happy or sad? if you should  be jumping up and down in joy or be freaking out and screaming your lungs out?

Because, I don't know how to feel, my insides were churning and I don't know if its from excitement or I'm just really afraid, if I knew this was how I was going to feel today, i would have never wished for this day to come.

Some might say 'you never truly loved him then' but only i know what i feel for Aryaan, I wouldn't trade him for anything in this world, its just that my marriage was so different from everyone's, even though everything seemed thesame from the outside it was very different from the inside.

I knew he didn't want to marry me, his father arranged the marriage and he obliged just like I did, the only difference was that he was my reason to breath and I was just another school girl to him.

"Amarya mu" Asiya said swiftly.

I forced a smile blinking back the tears.

She gave me a once over look.
"You're not fooling anyone with that smile" Asiya deadpanned.

"Is it that obvious? What if people start to question about how I truly feel about this wedding? What If I mess up everything and Uncle decides to throw me out of the house? What if he doesn't like me and treats me like trash just like everyone else? I am not his type and I know it, Oh my God!"

My chest went up and down quickly due to how hard i was breathing, I am freaking out! I am freaking out!

"Hey! hey! Calm down" Asiya said seating beside me rubbing big circles on my back.

"Take a deep breath" She said and I followed, I did so a couple of times and I felt a little better.

"Okay, answer this questions for me will you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Do you love Aryaan?" I nodded my head giving her a weird look, what sort of question is that?

"So why are you freaking out so much? you're getting married to the man of your dreams Umma, he will be your husband, Halal husband, he will be yours in just a few minutes, forget  about that Naja'atu of a girl she's just trying to get to you, as soon as the two of you get married, she can't do anything, from the look he gives you whenever the two of you meet I know Aryaan likes you, just play your role as a woman, work your charms and he'll forget his self, I promise just try it" She raised a brow, waiting for me to say something.

I sighed, I was not going to lie, I felt so much better from what I was feeling before.

"Sometimes, its not all about love Asiya, especially when that love is one sided."

I turned around to look at her and she gave me a little smile.

"A woman is a gift to her husband Umma, yes i know I'm not married but I do know this, a man is like a child, kaman yaron yaye yake, he learns everything you teach him, especially when you're married, its so much easier, and that is when you teach him how to love and care for you, with your touch, with your voice, with your affection, kai with your everything ma, trust me"

I stared at her for a little while, what did I do to deserve someone like this?
"What can I do without you?" I asked wiping my face.

"Uhh, let me see. You can't do anything without me" she boasted wiping invisible dust from her shoulder.

I laughed pulling her into a warm hug, my Asiya.

My phone that was on the table beside me started ringing.

It was a unknown number, nowadays a lot of unknown numbers call me to congratulate me, I don't even recognize some but just go with the flow.

"Hello?" I answered my voice groggy from all the crying.

"Hey" I heard his voice say from the other end.

I freaked out a little hearing his voice, I cleared my voice akwardly.

Wetin I go say now?

"Are you still there?"

"Oh, yes yes" I answered face palming myself mentally.

"Oh okay, is everything alright?" He asked again, his voice was laced with concern, even though he tried to sound nonchalant.

"Yes, everything is fine" I answered fiddling with my fingers.

"Your voice says otherwise"

"Its nothing really, I'm fine" I assured him, well duh, i was not going to tell him I've been crying all night because today was my Nikah with him.

"Have you been crying?" He asked.

Was this new to him? He had been married before right? Then he should know that it is normal for a bride to cry during her wedding process, even though they are not necessarily happy tears.

"See, you're zoning out again" he pointed out, snapping me out of my trance.

"I'm just sad am leaving, it's nothing serious"

"Don't you want to live with me?" I stiffened a little bit, don't I? I thought, I've never really thought about that, on top all this doubts, did I want to live with him or not?

"No no its not like that" I defended, trying not to sound a little desperate.

"Well, Congratulations you're now my lawfully wife, Alhamdulilah" his stated, I didn't miss the little crack in his voice even though my head was a mess right now.

Inalilahi.

He hung up the phone and I finally started crying, the lump in my throat decreasing with every sob.

I am a married woman now, I can't believe this! Am I still dreaming? Because it has to be a dream, felt too good to be true.

Asiya sniffed a little scooping closer to me and wrapping her hands around me.

"Congratulations, I can't believe this, Oh my God!" She cried.

"Ayiriri Ayiriri" The women downstairs yodeled.

Soon my room was filled with people congratulating me.

But, there was only one thing running through my head.

I was now Mrs Umma Khalthum.

A Daurin Aure in the building 💃🏻

I saw a lot of you there lol, you were stuffing your faces and fighting for takeaway🤣

I hope you enjoyed yourselves and said a prayer for the couple sha.

Im not married, I don't know what goes through the brides head exactly, and all my sisters are not married as well😒 so I tried my best to give you guys a little of what's inside the brides head.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share, Bye x

With love
Maimuu👑🤍