Chapter 34 : Opening Up

She walked back to their room without letting any of them see her, her heart ached mercilessly, she could barely walk and there he was with another woman not just any other woman, her cousin.

She wiped the hot tears that streamed down her cheek, she regretted everything that happened last night, if she could rewind time she would have, maybe this pain she was feeling would not be so severe.

What else did you think Khalthum, that he loved you?, how could he love someone as miserable as you?

Unfortunately that was her sad reality and she had to accept it.

Some minutes later he came into the room with their breakfast.

"I'm sorry I took so long, they had a problem somewhere" he kept it on the center table.

Her heart squeezed with pain at the lie, she had believed in him so much, she always believed whatever he said no matter what, but now she was finding it hard to believe even his existence.

He sat down close to her on the bed,
"Are you alright?" he touched her neck, it was extremely hot.

Her body burned at the touch and she swallowed a big lump, trying to control herself from pushing him away.

"Oh my god, you're running down with a fever, let me get you medicine"

She quickly stood up,
"Don't bother yourself," she snatched the towel from the chair and walked into the bathroom.

Her stilled, his eyes following her every movement, what went wrong? they were so happy just a few minutes ago, why was she suddenly giving him the cold shoulder?

On the other hand, in the bathroom, she stood as the hot water rushed down on her, they're was so much on her mind and now this?

She knew she overacts to everything, but she also knows that she's not overacting to this, she had saw them together the first time and she chose to simply keep quite about it because she thought it was nothing, but also here in maldives, what brought her to maldives? to their hotel hugging her husband?

Yesterday, after all that happened, she wanted to tell him everything , what her uncle wanted her to do, because she thought he would protect her no matter what, he had said that, but now she doesn't think she can even look him in the eye.

But, it was her fault, it has always been her fault.

When she came out he didn't say anything to her and went ahead to take a bath.

Her eyes followed him until he closed the door of the bathroom, she sat down on one of the chairs, she wanted nothing more than to scream, but once again she controlled herself.

~*~

If someone had told her yesterday that they'd be in a awkward situation like this one, she would have looked at the person like he was crazy, but as the saying goes, kana naka Allah na nashi.

After they arrived, she wanted nothing more than to lock herself in her room.

Only the driver came to pick them up because it was very late, but she was low-key accepting to see the girls here.

Oh, and that flight was the worst she ever had.

Just for your information.

He still has not said anything to her, and she was beginning to doubt if he didn't see her there, because the Aryaan she knew would have been up on her neck until she told him what was going on.

That Aryaan you knew is long gone.

She thanked the driver and dragged out her Suitcase without waiting for him.