Chapter 12- Lemonade

Our plane landed in New York at 1pm precisely. There was very little conversation during the flight, let alone between our groups. What was interesting though is that Dream decided to sit next to me. Either way, we didn't talk to each other the whole way.

We set up shop in a hotel just a few blocks away from Central Park in a conjoined suite, with girls in one room and boys in the other.

"George, can you help me out with something?" Hannah finally asked, pulling out an array of technology.

"Yeah." Okay, we're making progress. Puffy and Niki started unpacking the weapons, and I noticed Sapnap and Bad getting progressively closer to them. Dream, however, was nowhere to be seen. I decided to lay on my bed and clear my head, which is a common practice before a difficult mission. After what felt like only a couple minutes, I felt the bed shift under me.

"You okay?" Dream whispered. I opened one eye and looked up at him.

"Just taking a breather."

"Can I join you?" With a grunt, I shifted over so there was a bit more room for Dream in the bed. He laid down next to me and folded his hands on his stomach.

"So-"

"Shh," I interrupted. There were a few more moments of silence before Dream spoke again.

"Is this gonna be a normal thing?"

"I do this when I'm nervous. It helps me calm down and refocus on the task at hand," I explained.

"Oh." I took a deep breath. "Does it work?"

"Usually."

"Is it working now?"

"Only if you stop talking."

"Oh, okay." Dream finally quieted down enough for about a minute of breathing.

"Okay," I groaned, sitting up, "we should get started."

"Let's." We walked back into the room to find that George and Hannah, despite having a conversation, were working separately on completely different sides of the room. Bad was showing Puffy one of his throwing knives, Niki was nose deep in her own laptop, and Sapnap was splayed out on the couch, flipping through the tv channels.

"Sap, come on now," Dream said, shoving his friend's legs off the couch and sitting down next to him.

"There's nothing good on anyway," Sapnap replied.

"We got anything so far?" I asked, peering over Niki's shoulder.

"The entrance can't be in Central Park. There's no way they'd get away with that," she muttered.

"Security over the park is minimal, but I'm already in," George announced.

"We need to find the entrance to their bunker today so we can form a plan," Niki added.

"Then let's get going."

We all changed into more suitable clothes for the New York summer, with me in a pair of ripped jean shorts and a loose t-shirt. Dream had settled for a pair of sweat shorts and a dark green shirt. Despite the fact that we were about to go out in public, he took his mask off and replaced it with a pair of dark sunglasses. My eyes drifted down to the scar on his cheek, but I flicked them away quickly.

Hannah and George decided to stay behind to see how far they could get through the security cameras, so the rest of us went out in the blazing sun to find the entrance to The 6's underground base.

As we were walking through the park, we sort of split into pairs- Puffy and Sapnap were in a heated conversation about tranquilizers, and Niki and Bad were wandering about the park. That left Dream and I... again. After walking around for over an hour, I made the executive decision to get some lemonade from a stand across the park.