Chapter 21- Secrets We Keep

lots of pov changes because I'm indecisive like that :p also, 900+ reads??? INSANE <3 enjoy 

I leaned into Dream's chest as Bad sped away from the district. My hand was still throbbing and bleeding profusely, and the fuzzy feeling in the back of my head was growing stronger by the minute. Eventually, I had to do something, so I grabbed a knife from one of my pockets and cut a strip of fabric from the bottom of my pant leg. It was tied around my hand as tight as I could manage.

"What the hell happened in there?" Puffy asked suddenly.

"Y/n was being an idiot, that's what," Bad answered first.

"What?"

"She was being stupid on purpose."

"I was keeping him distracted," I said, "And it worked. We got out of there with minimal damage and minimal information released."

"I wouldn't call a hole in your hand minimal," Hannah said.

"We saw the whole thing," George added, "but we couldn't hear anything."

"You didn't want to hear it," Bad grumbled.

"What did you do, y/n?" Sapnap asked.

"I was just... being me. I never gave him the answer he wanted to hear, and he was so pissed off at me that he didn't even bother hurting Bad."

"So you pinned him on yourself?" Dream said softly from behind me.

"Yes, and I'd do it again."

That was the end of that conversation.

We arrived back at the hotel and immediately began to pack up our things. With more difficulty than I'd care to admit, I changed into a clean sweatshirt and leggings, and then we were off to the airport.

Dream was at my side the entire time. Either holding onto my good hand or shifting so his knee was brushing up against mine, he was always next to me. I didn't really mind though. In fact, it was kind of... nice. I let him do what he needed to do to feel better.

Once we were all seated and adjusted, I finally allowed my eyes to close and my brain to shut down.

~Dream's POV~

"How is she?" George asked, plopping down in the seat next to me. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Y/n was asleep in the seat across from me. I think she needed some space from me, seeing as how I hadn't taken my eyes off of her since she was back, running towards the van trailing blood behind her. Sleep made her look small, like she was finally able to hide from this shitty life, but she did have a small trail of dried blood under her broken nose.

"Hello?" George said, poking me in the arm. I shifted my attention to him now, taking a deep breath.

"What?"

"I asked how she was doing," he repeated, "but maybe I should be asking you that question."

"I'm fine, she seems... okay."

"I'm sure that if she seems fine, she probably is. Although, she doesn't typically show how she's feeling." We both chuckled.

"Yeah, I suppose she doesn't." I crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly cold.

"You think she'll ever get over this idea that she needs to protect everyone at the expense of her own life?" George whispered. I shook my head without hesitation.

"Never." There was a hand on my shoulder now, squeezing. I turned my head towards it; George wasn't really one for physical affection.

"She's tough, maybe even tougher than you, but she's also smart. I'm sure if it got really bad, she would've told the guy something to get him off."